• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

USS England

:stinker Fart Guns, on US Navy vessels, customarily are mounted on the STERN!! However, as a point defence measure, the can be mounted in the Officer's Head as well. USS England's will be attached near the empty Rum locker. :drinks Funny Mike!! :smack

Where IS that Sailor Jerry Emoticon, anyway???

My Darlin' Dear expressed her concern that I may not complete USS England, before her recipient made his trip up to Heaven. So, Since she is kind & wise, even though our 20th show is bearing down on me, I got off my butt, and did some more........wait for it!............. MASKING & SEALING!
28_Mar_2014_USS_England_1.JPG

I had an unlikely helper. He prefers sake, so he didn't cut into my SJ supply
28_Mar_2014_USS_England_2.JPG

Masking is sealed, and waiting for ocean gray touch-up, with my Big Boy's airbrush!
28_Mar_2014_USS_England_3.JPG

I'd like to stress, Never paint the vertical surfaces on a Ship model first!!! I've hadf a lot of superfluous masking because of my poor choice on this kit!!!
Minion Photo-Bomb!! another test fitting of Her purposeful Pasrts!!
1_Apr_2014_USS_England_1.JPG

Tonight, She has her TEETH!!!!
1_Apr_2014_USS_England_2.JPG

Terrier Missiles mounted! Her deck to hull joints aren't all fixed yet, however Her recipient should (hopefully) be impressed!
1_Apr_2014_USS_England_3.JPG

I'm having SUCH A GOOD Time with Her! USS Richard l.Page will be better.

The :soldier differs from the :drinks (ship building) for me, because this is an Honor Model, for presentation to an Aging Sea Dog. (A Snipe.) I want Her to be "Just so"!

Unlike the ReHab F-8E, which is just goofing off, (an affliction) and remembering my Friend.

More Progress. Now She knows her Hull #
5_Apr_2014_USS_England_2.JPG

Fore and aft. I'm putting a lot of parts on her. I'd just love to have her ready for SurgiCon 20. We'll see!!
4_Apr_2014_USS_England_4~0.JPG

Oh Bubba! Sea N'Sky is WAY over budget for FY2014, and there are a bunch of cost over runs on this vessel alone. No conversation has been had regarding either USS Bryant, or USS Richard L. Page. The Crusader ReHab is also a gigantic hole into which time and money is thrown. I can use the Zen!! Mowing season is about to start, as well. BOHICA!

I made me an oceany Stand, well, painted the Kit stand. Look for the Dolphin!
9_Apr_2014_USS_England_1.JPG

I put on some more decals, then some Flatcoat :drinks
9_Apr_2014_USS_England_2.JPG

I dinked with the Ship's Boats, and the hoisting Frame;
9_Apr_2014_USS_England_2_28229.jpg

I took another blurry picture; :bang head
9_Apr_2014_USS_England_4.JPG

I fixed Her, so She knows her Name; :yipee
9_Apr_2014_USS_England_5.JPG

Remember the "Brass Screws" thread? Here they are, installed!! :dance
9_Apr_2014_USS_England_6.JPG

This is what my proud, taut, trim little USS England Looked like, when I wisked her off to SurgiCon 20;
9_Apr_2014_USS_England_7.JPG

She got skunked at our show. :stinker Master shipbuilders Carl Musselman :notworthy Richard Sliwka, :zen
attended. Carl paid me the greatest "Award" he could have. He complimented what a fine job I had done on an aging Lady. He couldn't tell it was the Monogram kit. :good: No award is better than that, from my talented Friend! Calling her done. 2 more Shows, and off to her recipient!! (y)

Many Thanks Paul! That means a lot coming from a Man with your service experience. She gets to go to OmaCon in June, and then She'll be delivered to her new CO.
IMG_1715.JPG

She got her 1st Award in Cedar Rapids. Bronze in Ships! :yipee

Back