• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Up -Armored Farmer

All Righty! Got some paint on (and off) of this baby. Basic Hairspray technique to achieve the worn and peeling paint look. I think the pictures pretty much tell the story....

I began by laying down a nice grey "primer" color...and then sealing the deal with Future.

38p.jpg

Next came a layer of hairspray....

39p.jpg

Once this dried I gave the tractor it's color - a mix of Tamiya Flat Red toned down with a little Buff....

40p.jpg

A little water and a little scrubbing with an old brush....

41p.jpg

A round with the artist's oils - a little shading and a little pre-weathering....

48p.jpg

And here is where she sits at the moment. I'll continue with the weathering once I have the armored sections completed....

57p.jpg

60p.jpg

58p.jpg

Thanks for looking - 'till next time.

Rick

Outstanding Rick. Had to pull it up on my phone to see, glad I did cause the anticipation would drive me crazy!

VERY inspiring also.

Thanks for the how-to on the hairspray trick- I was guessing that a coat of Future would be necessary- now I know! Looks fantastic, Rick- cheers!

chuk

Excellent effort Rick.

The step by step process on the paint process is perfect.

Look forward to seeing more.

Michael

I've been watching this build and thought I had posted, Guess not!

Nice work on a really unique model!(y) (y) (y)

Anxious to see it finished Rick!

Bob

Good day all.

One quick photo to share with you today. Got some time over the weekend to do a little work with the pigments.

77ps.jpg

Next up - painting the armor.

BTW, I also spent some time trying to get up to speed on this conflict/era. Like I said above, my knowledge regarding this subject is very limited. But, what I am finding is that these make-shift armored vehicles seemed to be most prevalent among the Croatian forces - especially early in the conflict.

So, that's what I'm going with - at least for the time being. :unsure:

best,
Rick

Back