• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Up -Armored Farmer

Hey everyone!

I'm not really sure where this is all going, but I really felt the need to do something different. First let me show you what I've got to begin with:

The kit is from MK35 and it's simply one of The Best resin kits that I have ever had the honor to work with. The casting is flawless, the fit is perfect, and the instructions are as clear as could be. The entire kit is about 45 parts so construction is pretty quick so there isn't a lot of SBS pics at this stage of the game -

1p.jpg

2p.jpg

3p.jpg

A few of the completed tractor -

5p.jpg

6p.jpg

7p.jpg

Ok, now with that out of the way the fun will really begin. I happened to stumble upon this image on a German forum. There wasn't any text with the photo which might indicate where it was taken or what it was used for except the image is tagged "army training". I realize that the tractor kit is not exactly the same tractor that is in the photo but trying to find 1/35 scale tractors is a little difficult, plus, I'm not sure that it matters that much anyway. So anyway, here is the image that I'll be basing the project upon:

tractor.jpg

More as time permits -

Rick

That looks cool. It would even be inspiration for some of the guys in the 2111 build. Looking forward to seeing this.
James

:laugh: :laugh: Well is that cool or what!

Damn Raccoons better stay out of my corn! :laugh:

Terry (y)

That is sweet Rick...that could've been used in a number of roles...maybe commandeered to tow aircraft or bombs or ammo for tanks, etc

Wonder if it comes in John Deere green ;)

LOL :gogo All I can think if is Bill Murray's line from Stripes, "Harmy Trainin' Sir!" Very wild and K-E-W-L!

Sweet Rick , this would absolutely fit into 2111 , .......... that or a present day commuter vehicle in Camden N.J. ......

Who ever built this [ real photo ] , has some serious critter issues on the farm !!!

Green Acres popped into my mind when I saw it! Mr, Douglas, have I got a deal for you!!

MrHaney1.jpg

Mr_Doug3Bas.jpg

hoyt_clagwell.jpg

Cool build, Rick! I'll follow along!

Green Acres - good one. I haven't seen that in years.

Thanks for the encouragement - now if only I had a few spare moments!!

Rick

That's the coolest tractor model ever! You can only cool it up further by weaponizing it! :evil:

Back