• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter Type 83

kaleu

These are pictures of the Trumpeter PLA Type 83, self propelled howitzer. I finished this kit late last year. These pictures were taken by our Indy AMPS club photographer and more can be found on that site. I wanted to use my pictures, but they just don't look as good as these pictures. Unfortunately, the rear light on the top of the hull got knocked off and I also replaced the DsHK with an NSVT based on a couple of pictures. Some of the pin washes are showing up as being more red in color than they actually appear on the model. They should be more brown in color. I used a Barrel Depot barrel and Lion Roar p/e set for this model.

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

Is that a big gun or are you glad to see us?? Wondering about the red in the barrel, is that a plug?

moon puppy wrote:
Is that a big gun or are you glad to see us?? Wondering about the red in the barrel, is that a plug?

It is a 152mm howitzer, so yeah, definitely a big gun! The box art showed the red in the barrel and and I also found several pictures with the inside of the muzzle brake painted that red color. On the other hand, when it was painted in overall green, the inside of the muzzle brake wasn't painted red. I've been collecting a lot of pictures of PLA armor and have seen this done on several vehicles.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the kind compliments. I hope to get more finished models posted here soon.

Well that looks superb ;) , the periscopes look very well done in the blue too :) . A fitting addition to the showcase B)

Jenny :kiss:

I recently picked up this kit at a sweet deal ......can you tell me how it builds up it seems to have most of an interior .
If I can make it look as good as yours I will be happy.

Back