• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter F4F-3 Early 1/32...Final Reveal

fightnjoe

Biting off more than I can chew part 1.

This will be one of two upcoming projects. This will be my 2016 Pearl Harbor Tribute build.

BoxArt_zpsggt6e0yp.jpg

Stay tuned folks. This could get interesting.

Joe

Trumpeter F4F-3 Early 1/32

Appreciate all of you stopping in.

MP I thought you might have some memories of this one.

Joe

Trumpeter F4F-3 Early 1/32...First Cuts

Well here I am.

Here we go.

First step is .................well..................some destruction.

First up was to mock up the mount for the landing gear/engine. From what I remember this is one of the problem areas. I added a bit of styrene to get it to sit level and then centered. I then mocked up the pit floor to make sure where the cuts would end up. Out came the dremmel and after about a half hour.......

First-Cuts_zpsyva7pdae.jpg

Not much to it. I cut out bits of the upper wing as well. Going to do that a bit different than the previous ones.

Next is clean up and then I can begin to work on the details.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Trumpeter F4F-3 Early 1/32...First Cuts

Wow, that is a big surgical Intervention. I hope the Patient pulls through! :good:

Looking Forward to your Progress... (y)

Cheers

Alex

Trumpeter F4F-3 Early 1/32...Interior Part One

A quickie update to show what little work I have done.

Work was isolated to fabrication of the radio equipment for this aircraft. The SCR-274 N. Composed of several components here is the still very rough initial look.

SCR-274-2_zpsw9u664se.jpg

SCR-274-1_zpsjsbhx9ut.jpg

Should be pretty cool when done. Debating on whether to paint it now or wait as I did with the P-40B equipment.

Next will be to continue fabrication of the parts aft the cockpit.

Joe

Trumpeter F4F-3 Early 1/32...Interior Part Two

More done on the SCR 274 and a bit to the plumbing on the interior of the fuselage.

Some paint is a good thing right? Going blind with the white work. Using the Testor small bottles I got some color on the different receiver and transmitter equipment.

SCR-274-4_zps2nraod2w.jpg

The work on the interior of the fuselage begins with the different boxes and fittings for the starboard side.

SCR-274-3_zpsmgvfcs2w.jpg

The interior is coming right along with much more to do. The wiring and fittings for the radio and then the different boxes and fittings for the port side of the fuselage are next up.

Joe

Back