• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tiger II the King

Thanks Doc, question I had was would they have painted over the tools in the field?

I think you can go either way. What may look neat is paint the tools per normal, THEN apply camo over them.

I can't wait to see someone say..."oh they would never...." :rotf

There is that... :coolio But when did you give 2 shinolas what others say?

Ahh , the truth finally surfaces . Great deduction :rotf :rotf :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Looking good Bob!

Those tracks look great but wow, what a lot of work! I'm still stuck on my Fruil tracks on my Type one. I will finish it but after that, I am never building anything with tracks again!!

:popcorn

Looking good Bob!

Those tracks look great but wow, what a lot of work! I'm still stuck on my Fruil tracks on my Type one. I will finish it but after that, I am never building anything with tracks again!!

:popcorn

Warren there are some tracks i just gave up on. Friul sent a little jig that makes this a lot easier.

Started working on the upper Hull today. Started test fitting to the lower and it don't seem right, seems like it's bowed out at the rear end. I'm going to approach this slow and seal up one section at a time and clamp the crap out of it.

Also getting to a point where there's a lot more detail going in on the underside of the upper hull, that's never going to be seen so like...why bother? :soldier

Started working on the upper Hull today. Started test fitting to the lower and it don't seem right, seems like it's bowed out at the rear end. I'm going to approach this slow and seal up one section at a time and clamp the crap out of it.

Also getting to a point where there's a lot more detail going in on the underside of the upper hull, that's never going to be seen so like...why bother? :soldier

Check to see if you can see why it's bowed out. Then check again and make sure the other stuff will fit if you "clamp the heck out of it". I had a model one time that did that and it turned out that something wasn't sitting right which caused the bowing. Good luck.

Cheers

Peter the lower hull is once piece and full of stuff now. Nothing look out of place and everything fits snug. I'll see if I can get a picture of this with a ruler. I may end up displaying this thing with some engine panels removed.

Good to see that you are "On Track" :good:

Thank you all for the really kind comments. I'm humbled.... :blush:

Getting on track now...get it..tracks..

ha9c7116.jpg

I'm opting for the Friuls. Nothing really wrong with the kit tracks but the Friuls are far more detailed, 5 pieces for each track, interlocking links to make up a run. Really nice and no ejection marks to clean up! I know I'm getting real drape look with real metal.

I've got about a half a run on one side done. Gotta get some more brass rod, I like the .51 rod over the thinner stuff that Friul sends, tighter joint.

Beat it to fit and paint it to match. Gary S.

Peter the lower hull is once piece and full of stuff now. Nothing look out of place and everything fits snug. I'll see if I can get a picture of this with a ruler. I may end up displaying this thing with some engine panels removed.

Back