• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TIGER I EARLY(OPERATION CITADEL)

Hey Terry, could you go over what you did to distress the heat shields on the exhausts? I want to try something like that as it looks so darned good. Thanks in advance.
James

Hey Terry, could you go over what you did to distress the heat shields on the exhausts? I want to try something like that as it looks so darned good. Thanks in advance.
James

Sure James! Let me see if I can duplicate it. :laugh:

I'll work something up and I will post it on my master's page.

Terry ;)

I did some work this afternoon. I added the commander's hatch springs and wired and mounted the smoke dis-chargers. The painting has begun. Most of these early Tigers started life with dark grey and then were repainted dark yellow so I painted the turret dark grey to start.

Terry B)

DSC00824.JPG

DSC00826.JPG

DSC00827.JPG

DSC00828.JPG

Thanks Wolf!

Here are some pictures of the tank with the turret painted. Just a few parts now remain then clear coat, decals and further weathering.

Terry B)

DSC00829.JPG

DSC00830.JPG

DSC00831.JPG

DSC00832.JPG

DSC00833.JPG

what paint have you used on the exterior Terry? Looks mighty fine :notworthy

Thanks!

Flowquil Dark Yellow and Light Tan. Old paint! Flowquil was bought out by Testors and I don't know if they produce it or not.

Terry :idonno

what paint have you used on the exterior Terry? Looks mighty fine :notworthy

Thanks!

Flowquil Dark Yellow and Light Tan. Old paint! Flowquil was bought out by Testors and I don't know if they produce it or not.

Terry :idonno

Makes sense - I have tried Vallejo Dark Yellow with a bit of Vallejo Tan - have also tried Black and Tan to obtain German Gray - may not be perfect but it's pretty close too.

Cheers,
Laurence

Well I going to call this Tiger done. Here are some final pictures and thanks to all who followed along.

Terry :D

DSC00834.JPG

DSC00835.JPG

DSC00836.JPG

DSC00837.JPG

DSC00838.JPG

DSC00839.JPG

DSC00840.JPG

DSC00841.JPG

DSC00842.JPG

DSC00843.JPG

Back