• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tie Fighter dual build (finished)

Tie Fighter dual build

Thanks Luiz, much appreciated!

I took some of the photos I have been recording and made a quick photo post here. It's going to be down to the wire, but I believe I can "Git-R-Dun"!
shocked.gif

Here's the next batch of pics.

TB-028.jpg

TB-029.jpg

TB-030.jpg

TB-031.jpg

TB-032.jpg

TB-033.jpg

TB-034.jpg

TB-035.jpg

Tomorrow is Dark grey paint, mask and touch up on the Interceptor wings. Then Future coat for a final wash. Going to be a tight one.

Tie Fighter dual build (more new pics)

So far, so good! Got the Interceptor wings all touched up and painted. Have the Dark gray on the windows and details all painted. Tonight there are some decals for the interceptor to place and then I will try my india ink wash on the wing inner panels. The trick with India Ink is that 409 can be used to clean it off easily as long as it isn't to a hard dry point. The 409 doesn't affect the enamel paint though unless you go all crazy and scrub hard. I will start with the inner wing panels to experiment as they aren't as visible.

Between tonight and tomorrow night both should be easily finished! :woohoo: YAY!

:popcorn `
Great work Paul - love the Strike design. Like you I have to paint my SCI-FI build today to achieve the ribbon.
:v
Ian.

I got the black wash done on the Interceptor last night and the fuselage on the Striker. At this point the Interceptor is at 95+% The Striker at about 93%. Tonight is add black wash to the striker wings then highlights to both kits and done. No paint on the stands is planned as I have other plans for them when finished. Am actually rather surprised myself. Two kits that will be finished in 21 days (3 weeks).

I am sure there will be a photo finish on these to qualify as I will probably run it to the last few minutes. :facepalm

Tie Fighter dual build (almost there)

I cut it close but made it just under the wire. Here are my finished photos with a time stamp. I will take some better pics later this weekend of each one individually. For now though they are done! :yipee

TB-036.jpg

TB-037.jpg

TB-038.jpg

The Tie Interceptor is my MMM entry. It is rather small, maybe 4 inches long by 4 wide.

The Tie Striker is the Galaxy entry and from the photos you can see it is quit long. The wings are 9 1/2 inches long by 6 inches wide when folded down in flight position. They will only fold up to just above level for on the ground. Unlike the photos I have showing them up higher, it only wants to move up to just above flat.

Thanks for looking in!

Nice job Paul! They both look great! Look forward to more pics!

That Tie Striker is really slick!

(y)

Back