• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This Fokkers Finished

WOW!! What a gorgeous bird!!! Now I can see why all the rage with string bags lately!!! That losenge pattern has always been attractive to me. Outstanding James!!!

Okay had a small accident earlier today. Eagle eyed readers will see it. This evening I tried again and got some touching up done, exhaust started, tail on, skid on, and trying the prop. Still more work to go.

DSC03053.JPG

DSC03054.JPG

DSC03055.JPG

Oh and got the cockpit combing started. Have to hit it with oil paint next.
James

Thanks guys. I was hoping for used but not abused. Any thoughts on the exhaust? I painted it Vallejo track primer, then gave a wash with Vallejo oily steel. Then I went over it with Tamiya weathering pastel blue and orange to try and make some heat distress. Anyone got any comments or critiques on that I'd appreciate the feedback.
James

Thanks guys. I was hoping for used but not abused. Any thoughts on the exhaust? I painted it Vallejo track primer, then gave a wash with Vallejo oily steel. Then I went over it with Tamiya weathering pastel blue and orange to try and make some heat distress. Anyone got any comments or critiques on that I'd appreciate the feedback.
James

Hi James.

The model looks really nice. Just wondering if I n4ed new glasses but isit my imagination or does the area of the engine cant a bit to the left when viwed from above?

The exhaust looks pretty good but wouldn't it have more of a burnt brown patina to it?

Cheers

James

Hi James.

The model looks really nice. Just wondering if I n4ed new glasses but isit my imagination or does the area of the engine cant a bit to the left when viwed from above?

The exhaust looks pretty good but wouldn't it have more of a burnt brown patina to it?

Cheers

Hi Peter. The engine is sitting right, the pipe in front though has taken on a crooked look. Not sure how I can fix it. Might just leave it. One of the guns seems canted a bit. Again not sure I will fix it. Now its not that I'm being lazy, but I seem to be getting clumsier and so if I try and fix those little things then they will probably be destroyed in the process.
When I look at the pics yes it should be browner, but when I look at it with the naked eye it looks okay. Maybe a wash of track primer might do it?
James

If I remember right the engine was canted like that to counter the engine torque????
James your eye is the best judge of what that exhaust looks like and if you think it's right leave it alone.

Back to the flight line my man :pilot
Tony lee

[/quote]

Hi Peter. The engine is sitting right, the pipe in front though has taken on a crooked look. Not sure how I can fix it. Might just leave it. One of the guns seems canted a bit. Again not sure I will fix it. Now its not that I'm being lazy, but I seem to be getting clumsier and so if I try and fix those little things then they will probably be destroyed in the process.
When I look at the pics yes it should be browner, but when I look at it with the naked eye it looks okay. Maybe a wash of track primer might do it?
James[/quote]

I know what you mean about trying to fix some minor thing only to have something else go horribly wrong during the attempt. As long as you are satisfied with it, that's the main thing. Ditto for thr exhaust.

Cheers

I know what you mean about trying to fix some minor thing only to have something else go horribly wrong during the attempt. As long as you are satisfied with it, that's the main thing. Ditto for thr exhaust.

I second those remarks . Anyhow, the photography often looks different than in person due to the different lighting of the flash.

My point is than from here on it will probably be viewed by the naked eye only.

Cheers, Christian B)

James, I really love what you are doing to this kit!

Though, gotta ask 1 question! The dragon decal looks very detailed for a WWI aircraft. Most I've seen have been rather simple designs (I'm certainly no expert).

Were there some that were that elaborate?

James, I really love what you are doing to this kit!

Though, gotta ask 1 question! The dragon decal looks very detailed for a WWI aircraft. Most I've seen have been rather simple designs (I'm certainly no expert).

Were there some that were that elaborate?

I agree wholeheartedly, but there is photo graphic documentation for this a/c and it really does have a lot of detail.
32030%20Fokker%20D.VII%20(OAW)%20Page%2028.jpg

From the instructions
James

Back