• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

the "JD" project 1/9th (rolling chassis) fab-up.

Marvelous work sir, simply marvelous.

One of my most prized posessions is a photo of my grandparents astride a 1918-19 HD J model. Grandfather sits proudly while Grandmother is in the sidecar. The photo was taken in 1920 and is a head on shot, thus making the exact year hard to tell. It was taken in Forest Park at the "Gypsy Tour".

Memories

G

Thank you for the nice story of your grandparents.
It is also nice that you are familiar with the "J" model.
Take care and God bless you.

alex wence de leon

Today's rolling chassis update.

rollfab101.jpg

rollfab98%7E0.jpg

to be continued...

Fabricated Parts roundup:
With excepting of converted rear fender and bottom triple tree, I can claim 100% 'scratch-built' or if you care to say; fabricated.
The only "after market" parts so far; brass wire for spokes, brass photo-etch chain links, metal converted sprockets, miniature brass hardware and white metal spark-plug castings.
6 months (June 20th - December 18) steady work to this point.
Of those 6 months, I would say 1 month was devoted to parts revisions and committing to as close tolerances as possible during fabrication. The final outcome of this project will be worth all the "blood, sweat & tears" put into it. I believe that in my heart.
Thanks for all the encouragement and enthusiasm given here on MA with this crazy project.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

alex wence de leon

rollfab.jpg

to be continued...

Hey Alex,

You never cease to amaze me. Your scratched motorcycles are just fantastic. They're like little jewels.

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

One can say that the scratch-built "JD" engine/motor is done, for the most part.
I do have some 90 or so in-progress photos of the engine/motor build and will post a separate blog on that later when I eventually up-grade my computer. Until then go ahead and enjoy the finished motor build here.

motor93.jpg

to be continued...

Back