• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Entire Museum History 1983 thru the present.

Re: My private museum.

Bob,
Way cool just doesn't cut it...:notworthy (y) ;)
I had a chance to visit the museum when it was in St. Charles (during one of my many
coast to coast moves). The day we visited it, we blew through there and didn't get to
finish (as there was a power failure that day). :( I had planned to buy a bunch of stuff
there, but used my cash for the entrance fee and the wife had told me I could use
the credit card for any purchases. Well with no power, I couldn't use the credit card.
Thanks for sharing all the pictures.
Great stuff.
Shawn

B) Great post Bob. Thanks for the walk through.:)

Ian.

Yeah, a lot of nostalgia here. Wish you could have seen it back in '92. It didn't exist until two years later.

Bob

Bob,
Way cool just doesn't cut it...:notworthy (y) ;)
I had a chance to visit the museum when it was in St. Charles (during one of my many
coast to coast moves). The day we visited it, we blew through there and didn't get to
finish (as there was a power failure that day). :( I had planned to buy a bunch of stuff
there, but used my cash for the entrance fee and the wife had told me I could use
the credit card for any purchases. Well with no power, I couldn't use the credit card.
Thanks for sharing all the pictures.
Great stuff.
Shawn

What a shame!

I didn't get a lot of time down there and, when the cat's away.... I trained them how to do credit cards when there was no power, but, oh well, water under the bridge!

Sorry about that! :blush: :blush: :blush:

Bob

Until seeing this, I thought I had a pretty impressive private collection. After seeing your museum I want than to see my own collection.... with a lighted torch in my hand.
Congratulations,
Victor

Wow, amazing collection.

My grandfather lives in Branson, if I ever get out his way, I'll definitely have to see if i can make a side trip to St. Louis.

Wow, amazing collection.

My grandfather lives in Branson, if I ever get out his way, I'll definitely have to see if i can make a side trip to St. Louis.

No problem Adam,

Just pop me an email a few days before. The link to my website and contact are on each post.

Bob

Bob,
I enjoyed all those pics of the museum they brought back alot of great memories. How are you and Susan doing these days?
I retired about 6 weeks ago and I really like it. I sure would like to come down there and go through the museum again. It was really great talking to you, Susan and Lewis in Omaha last August.
Say hi to Susan for me.
Mike

Bob,
I enjoyed all those pics of the museum they brought back alot of great memories. How are you and Susan doing these days?
I retired about 6 weeks ago and I really like it. I sure would like to come down there and go through the museum again. It was really great talking to you, Susan and Lewis in Omaha last August.
Say hi to Susan for me.
Mike

Hey Mike, fancy meeting you here! How long have you been a member? Great place to hang out!

Good seeing you too! You'll just have to drop down sometimes! We'd love to have you!

Congrats on your retirement. I've been at it about 5 years and I'm lovin' it! I can model anytime I want to! That was a dream of mine all my life!

Susan says Hi!

Bob, last week I spent two hours on your site loving your collection, nice lifetime worth of work there. Thanks for sharing it with us.

My Uncle, Ed Genette is retired navy and lives in St Louis - i would not doubt it at all if he hasn't already been there. Thanks Again, and I will take you up on that if possible.

Bob I just discovered this treasure trove of wonderment, that is just fantastic!

I wonder if I could twist your arm ( very gently!!) to show more closer photos of the dragstrip ?

Thankyou so much for sharing your passion.

Phil

Bob I just discovered this treasure trove of wonderment, that is just fantastic!

I wonder if I could twist your arm ( very gently!!) to show more closer photos of the dragstrip ?

Thankyou so much for sharing your passion.

Phil

Thanks Phil,

Sorry, but I can't think of what you mean. I don't think I have a drag strip????

Bob

I think he might mean this diorama Bob.

[
m3i03-1.jpg

Hi Bob,
I first signed up when the "old" website started up, so I guess I have been a member since the beginning. I lost track of "tank and things" and just recently found it. I hope to be a more frequent visitor and actually show off some of my kits.
I just recently moved so I have alot of "repair" work to do on my kits.
Mike

Hi Bob,
I first signed up when the "old" website started up, so I guess I have been a member since the beginning. I lost track of "tank and things" and just recently found it. I hope to be a more frequent visitor and actually show off some of my kits.
I just recently moved so I have alot of "repair" work to do on my kits.
Mike

Good going Mike,

I'm sure everybody here would love to see your work!

Good to hear from you again!

Bob

Re: A private museum.

Your museum is fantastic and your dios are an inspiration for many.. including me. I am glad that your museum exists. Hopefully I will have the chance to visit some day. But I have a small question, coming from Norway I saw that a norwegian flag was hanging on your wall in the museum. Is there a story behind that flag? I'm just curious.

With regards
Edward

Back