• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"ACROSS THE FINISH LINE"

Re: TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"CAMO WARPAINT"

Did some work yesterday and I added some olive green camo paint. I did some more chipping and pin washes. I getting close to being done next will be some real dirt. Well here are some new pictures. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC05056.JPG

DSC05055.JPG

DSC05057.JPG

DSC05058.JPG

DSC05059.JPG

DSC05060.JPG

DSC05062.JPG

DSC05063.JPG

DSC05064.JPG

DSC05065.JPG

DSC05066.JPG

B)

Hi,Terry

Looks great so far,but....[I hate to be the bringer of bad news]...the ammo belt on your mg42 is on the wrong side.:blush:

I know that on the m2 .50 cal.machinegun the ammo may be fed from either the left or right side by repositioning some of the component parts for example,but that's not true for the German mg 42 machinegun,which has his ammo fed on the left side.
[But Please correct me when I am wrong,somebody]

Maybe you can still fix it.:unsure:

It is still a great build,Terry.(y)

Greetings,Ron.

Can't speak for the ammo feed but that antenna scares the hell out of me. Don't let it get broke!

T,

COOL ! NICE CAMO ! I didn't even notice th Ammo belt. I think you've nailed th Chipping ! Great ! Not too over done ! I like th late additions of th headphones & Stabs antenna !!

ERIK

Hi,Terry

Looks great so far,but....[I hate to be the bringer of bad news]...the ammo belt on your mg42 is on the wrong side.:blush:

I know that on the m2 .50 cal.machinegun the ammo may be fed from either the left or right side by repositioning some of the component parts for example,but that's not true for the German mg 42 machinegun,which has his ammo fed on the left side.
[But Please correct me when I am wrong,somebody]

Maybe you can still fix it.:unsure:

It is still a great build,Terry.(y)

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks Ron!!!! Oh Yeah it still can be fixed. That's what I get for using someone else's model for a reference.

Terry B)

Can't speak for the ammo feed but that antenna scares the hell out of me. Don't let it get broke!

Well if anyone could get the antenna broke it would be me.

Terry B)

T,

COOL ! NICE CAMO ! I didn't even notice th Ammo belt. I think you've nailed th Chipping ! Great ! Not too over done ! I like th late additions of th headphones & Stabs antenna !!

ERIK

Thanks Erik!!!

Terry B)

great looking paintjob terry!

i'm sorry for being a pain in the a$$ but afaik the outside fire extinguishers weren't painted red but in the same color like te vehicle! would you like to have something in signal red on your vehicle in wartime? i don't!

it would be an easy fix!

great looking paintjob terry!

i'm sorry for being a pain in the a$$ but afaik the outside fire extinguishers weren't painted red but in the same color like te vehicle! would you like to have something in signal red on your vehicle in wartime? i don't!

it would be an easy fix!

Thanks Laura!!

Previous comment removed because I had been stupid for saying it.

Terry ;)

Re: TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"ADDITIONS AND CORRECTION"

First off thanks to tanktrax and Martin for your comments. Second I would like to apologize to Laura for snapping at her about her comment about the fire extinguisher. She is absolutly right about the color. It was a rough night at my house last night and I should not have taken it out on Laura and I am sorry. :( Even as chaos ruled last night I did do some things to the RAD. I changed ammo belt on the MG42 and painted and wired the rear antenna.

Terry :blush:

DSC05071.JPG

DSC05067.JPG

DSC05069.JPG

DSC05070.JPG

DSC05068.JPG

Re: TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"ADDITION AND CORRECTION"

Flat-out, knock-down, two-fisted awesomeness, Terry!

Re: TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"ADDITION AND CORRECTION"

Thanks Chukw!!

Terry B)

Re: TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"PLAYING IN THE DIRT"

Well boys and girls the construction is done! 98% of the paintings is done. Let the weathering begin. I started by working on the wheels and then I will work my way up.

First I painted the tires with a moderate coating of Tamyia Flat Earth.

DSC05100.JPG

DSC05099.JPG

Then I go back and dry brush the tires with Tamiya Nato Black

DSC05101.JPG

Next comes some mud application. This is done using acrylic floor wax and pastel powder. First apply the floor wax to an area.

DSC05104.JPG

Then sprinkle an earth tone pastel powder onto the wet wax.

DSC05105.JPG

When the floor coating dries the mud will fixed in place.

DSC05106.JPG

I did this to all the wheels inside and out. This was done to the wheel wells and the underside of the 8-RAD.

DSC05103.JPG

DSC05102.JPG

DSC05108.JPG

DSC05109.JPG

I will continue this process with some lighter tones. Next I will do some dust areas on the upper surfaces to stay tuned. Questions and comments are always welcome.

Terry B)

Rock-On T !!

Great use of th pastels !! Loks Great & Rugged !! I like th additions to th grenade screens. Th MP 40 looks really coool & that strap !!

SooooWeet !! Awsesome Dude !! :dude

Rock-On T !!

Great use of th pastels !! Loks Great & Rugged !! I like th additions to th grenade screens. Th MP 40 looks really coool & that strap !!

SooooWeet !! Awsesome Dude !! :dude

Thanks Erik!!! Straps yeah I have been hammered too many times for not having them.

Terry :laugh:

Back