• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Japanese Type 1, 75 mm

A surefire way to paint road wheels is to paint everything your desired rubber color, then air brush the wheel using a circle template as a mask. Find the correct sized hole, mask around that hole to prevent over spray, hold the template over the wheel and spray at low pressure. Bingo.

Taking care to fit the sprockets to the tracks goes a long way to a good installation.

:drinks

A surefire way to paint road wheels is to paint everything your desired rubber color, then air brush the wheel using a circle template as a mask. Find the correct sized hole, mask around that hole to prevent over spray, hold the template over the wheel and spray at low pressure. Bingo.

Taking care to fit the sprockets to the tracks goes a long way to a good installation.

:drinks

Thanks Mike! I will give that a try!

Been a busy week or so but I'm back on this one. Tracks are getting to me again! These Friul tracks are really nice, the look and weight of them but WOW, they are a LOT of work! I have about 1/2 of one run done and almost all of the holes drilled for one side.

So to break up the monotony, I decided to finish off the road wheels and mock up the gun and armour

and to work on filling the rather large hole in the sponsons from below

should have more this week!

Did I mention good tunes help a lot with track building? B)

Rock on, the extra work will be worth it. :ro:

Did I mention good tunes help a lot with track building? B)

Rock on, the extra work will be worth it. :ro:

So does waiting three hours for your car to be fixed! that's what I did last Friday morning, worked on drilling out the track links!

:bang head

So, there are only 2 more days to complete this. i have been trying hard but I don't think it is going to happen on time this time around. I'll keep working on it though. Should have started on the tracks a lot sooner!

Anyway, I did get some PE added, not as much as I put on the ASU-57 but enough to add some character. the grills on the exhausts look particularly good! Also, I've been filling sink marks too.

Got the two figures assembled as well but not painted yet. These will be my first figures ever!

Then I finished gluing in all the parts except the road wheels and upper hull. I sprayed the base colour first, will do the other two colours soon

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments!

Funny, but this kit is a better kit than the ASU-57 but it seems to be fighting me more!

Got the green came painted, did this mostly with the airbrush

Then I did the brown by thinned paint and a brush.

First coat

second coat

I'm hoping I can fix this up a little better. camo on a tank is is much more of a challenge than camo on an aircraft (in my opinion)!

So, basically just some finish coats, some weathering, tracks and the figures and I should have this one done. won't be tomorrow though!

:facepalm

Fantastic job Warren! I really like the colors in the camo.

I feel your pain man, just started painting my Panther too! Maybe the mods will show mercy on us slow builders! :tomato

Thanks Mike!

I put a coat of gloss on last night, applied the few decals, gave it a wash and tried some scratches and streaking.

I'll give a pic update soon. Just a flat coat, figures, some powders and tracks and it will be done.

Need to get some more paint though!!

Back