• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya B1 bis (UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT) decals, misc.

wds

Tamiya B1 bis in 1/35th scale. You all know the one. ;)

Let’s see what we can do with this! Captured and re-issued French heavy tank.

Thanks for looking,

Bill

B1_bis-1.jpg

B1_bis-2.jpg

Tamiya B1 bis (From UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT)

I'm watching Bill...are you going to use the kit tracks?

Tom

This ought to be fun, I love captured vehicles! B) :drinks

Thanks guys!

I'm watching Bill...are you going to use the kit tracks?

Tom

Tom, I will use the tracks for sure. I like the way they snap together and are workable. I'm OK if they are a "bit" off scale. No worries here.

Captured - Recaptured - given back AWESOME :dude
:popcorn

Dave, There IS a paint scheme for a re-captured German version in Free-French OD. I have never seen this one done before and was surprised to find it in the instructions.

FF_Bis_resized.jpg

v27

Very very cool. Will watch with interest.
James

Thanks James.

Abracadabra!

I actually wrapped this up earlier in the week after starting it last weekend while we were on vacation.
It went together fine with only one error on my part at the front glasis plate, which I was able to correct. I forgot to dry test the next piece (the finished plate it self) when I glued parts underneath it. No sweat.

Thanks for checking in.

Bill

B1_bis-3.jpg

v39

How hard did you have to shake the box to get it to fall out that way? :laugh: (y)

Tamiya B1 bis (UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT) - assembled.

quote: How hard did you have to shake the box to get it to fall out that way?

Yeah. Pretty much. Just add glue and stir gently.
I think it took me +/- 9 hours in four sessions to complete it.
That is just about right for me. :blush: (Short attention span) :)

Machine gun and primer comming up!

Cheers,

Bill

Tamiya B1 bis (UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT) - assembled.

Thanks Bob!

Primer from Tamiya.
Machine gun barrel from 22 guage medical syringe needle glued in with CA. Not exactly scale, but better than the kit offering ( semi-flared piece of solid styrene) IMHO.

German grey to be applied in the paint shop.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Bill

B1_bis-6.jpg

B1_bis-7.jpg

Tamiya B1 bis (UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT) - primered.

Looking good Bill. I hope you wont minf me mentioning, but a curly que made from wire on the main gun mantlet would be a good addition. Simple, yet often overlooked. You'll see it in this pic:

786px-Char-B1bis-Saumur.0004axt0.jpg

They used it to hoist out the gun for maintenance. I'm looking forward to seeing it in paint.
James

Looking good Bill. I hope you wont minf me mentioning, but a curly que made from wire on the main gun mantlet would be a good addition. Simple, yet often overlooked. You'll see it in this pic:

They used it to hoist out the gun for maintenance. I'm looking forward to seeing it in paint.
James

Thanks James. I don't mind at all.
I was somewhat aware of that detail, and I have seen it represented as the curly que, as a solid ring, and absent altogether. I was planning on letting it go, but I will give it further consideration.
Funny thing, Tamiya molded in a small and subtle raised bump on the mantlet where the lifting eye would go. (You can just make it out in my second photo of my previous poat) Hmmmmm? .... :hmmm
Also, that photo adds some legitimacy to my machine gun modification. Thank you very much. (On second look, I need a smaller needle still. Oh well, ... next time on the French version).

Thanks for the input,

Bill

Some details added. I hope I got the scale effect right.
The hull received a base ase coat of flat black followed by a coat of Tamiya XF-63 German Grey.

The exhaust parts were left off and painted with enamels and dusted with rust pigments. They will get hair-sprayed and then painted with along with the hull with lighter shades of grey.

Thanks for looking!

B1_bis-9.jpg

B1_bis-8.jpg

Tamiya B1 bis (UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT) - details.

Hairspray and salt. (Pretzels anyone?)
B1_bis-11.jpg

B1_bis-14.jpg

B1_bis-13.jpg

B1_bis-12.jpg

Back