• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

T-34 and german mortar team

Bagge

Here is my start pics, it may take a while before i start but this is what i have planned to build :D
The time pic:
P1070526.JPG

P1070525.JPG

PC090293.JPG

And this is my inspiration pic B)
Modellbygge_054.jpg

I have some plastic link by link tracks i will use for the t-34 (not much showing just the upper part)
I hope to finnish this because i had this idea for many years now and this campaign is just what i needed to start it up :D
//Mats

hope i'm not gonna dissapoint you :)
Been doing some work on the tracks, they are from some old russian kit and the plastic is very brittle grr had to glue quite a few tracks after they snapt when i cut them off the sprue....
Well they are going to be in the sand partially so no problem, good i found use for them and they are better then the rubberbands in the kit!

Scrapping the plastic tracks... they break as soon as i look at them, will use some old friultracks from the spareparts box instead, not enough for full lenghts but enough for this one.
Spent one day cleaning tracks for nothing, hate it!
Now for something completely different...... :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xToPCaNxaow
//Mats

A picture of the plastic tracks (now put away in a dark corner of the spare-parts box).
P1070528.JPG

The friultracks that i will use instead, they came with a ebay find a couple of years ago
P1070537.JPG

A small fix on the tamiya T-34s is to remove the two mounts at the front for towing, they didn't exist on the russian tanks, i read somewhere that they were added after the war on the tank that tamiya used as reference :hmmm .
P1070534.JPG

P1070535.JPG

Front axle installed
P1070536.JPG

Drilled out the holes for the bolts that holds the fenders (wich will be removed)
P1070538.JPG

Plugged some holes in the chassi
P1070539.JPG

Fenders removed, still some cleaning up to do.
P1070540.JPG

Glued a piece of styrene to cover the holes under the fenders on the sides.
P1070541.JPG

P1070542.JPG

P1070544.JPG

Slipped with the saw..... :eek:hmy: :D
P1070545.JPG

A piece of styrene to cover the cut.
P1070547.JPG

Sanded of some details that's not needed
P1070548.JPG

some holes filled with tamiya putty
P1070549.JPG

Some more putty work
P1070550.JPG

It goes together quickly, not many pieces and i'm only using the front part so it's even less :cheer:
:soldier
//Mats

Todays progress, not much but it starts to look like a tank (a half tank atleast!) :D
P1070554.JPG

:soldier
//Mats

Very cool Mats. I would never have thought of doing something like this. Very much enjoying it. Every build you do makes me want to do the same thing. Making my life difficult trying to stay the course on my own builds :D
Really looking forward to seeing more.
James

WOW!!!! This is great!! Look forward to seeing this come together. (y)

Thanks Guys, i have so many ideas and i hope to make some of them come true here, and the campaigns gives it a little pressure to finnish to, so i hope to finnish all my ongoing projects..... :)
//Mats

Back