• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Storage solutions?

denstore

Anyone got some brilliant idea for storing paint bottles? I have about 300 bottles of Vallejo paint that I would like to store for easy acces. And, I would like to have them organized so that I could find the correct colour without browsing trough the whole lot. Any good idéas?

Have you thought about clear plastic shoe box size containers? You could store them w/ the cap end down, and be able to see the colors, or store then cap up, and just look through the bottom of the box.

I'm not sure of your location, but I know that Walmart sells them for about 3 bucks a piece, I've got a whole shelf full of 'em.

That is similar to how I store them today. But I'm not really that satisfied with it.
To me, it still takes to long to find what I need.

I'm from Sweden, by the way.

Put a dot of the paint on the cap so you know what color you're looking at when searching them. Storage..sorry, i'm no help on that one. I got them everywhere.

Sharpie Marker numbers on the cap in addition to the paint dot help. I made some of these, which worked well until the bottles multiplied.

IMG_4450.JPG

I plan to make several of the racks, they can be stacked or wall hung.

:drinks

Put a dot of the paint on the cap so you know what color you're looking at when searching them. Storage..sorry, i'm no help on that one. I got them everywhere.

Done that. But with so many shades of different colours, it doesn't work. Must be about 30 different grey and as many greens.

If you have access to a drill press and a forstner bit, you could make racks like that from a single piece of solid wood. Otherwise it will take at least 2 pieces of wood, but shouldnt be too difficult to make racks like that.

I baught some small stickers and wrote my paint numbers on them and stuck them on a place on the bottles that is easy readable.

Back