• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Soviet DSHK machinegun w/crew

I need a push sometimes and it's good to hear what can be done others or not, not just the positive reactions (but i love to get those too don't missunderstand me! :) )
Thanks for all the nice words guys!
//Mats

there is one thing that bothers me....... the sight of the Dshk'a is missing in action! had it on the table but now i cant find it Arrggghhh
well it have to be like that, maybe they lost it or it was shot to pieces by a ME109!
//Mats

I think it will have to be like that! but the crew will have problems explaining it!!
//Mats

Hi again!
Not much done these last days but now it's a long weekend!! yesss! :dance :drinks
Here is a little something to add to the action of the scene, i will try and put some colour on the cotton to make it look more like smoke, and maybe add some on the sides from the muzzlebrake (must have a look at youtube to see how it looks when they fire up one of these monsters)

P1080635.JPG

P1080636.JPG

don't wanna be in this position if i was a german pilot....
P1080637.JPG

:pilot
//Mats

Danku :) did some colouring and added some more smoke on the sides, must tone down the colours a little bit, pics to come... :)
//Mats

Thanks Terry :)
Here is a pic of the painting process of the muzzle bursts
P1080642.JPG

DISSASTER!!!!!
Was going to glue the empty shells to the base with vallejo flat clear, used a syringe and all of a sudden it just exploded!
P1080646.JPG

Starting to dry up...
P1080647.JPG

P1080648.JPG

Everything is ok, my heart is beating normal and i'm not running around the house mumbling anymore :gogo :S :D
P1080650.JPG

P1080651.JPG

And here is the wodd trim around the bottom of the smokestack in progress.
P1080649.JPG

and here it is with one coat of stained clearcoat.
P1080653.JPG

And with flash...
P1080652.JPG

I just have some small things to fix and then i call this one done :D
My first dio/vignette that i'm real happy with (alot thanks to the nice response here!)
//Mats

It's done! :D
P1080675.JPG

P1080677.JPG

I know the gunner should have some glasses to correct he's sight problem, but he lost them in the heat of battle! :D
P1080678.JPG

P1080680.JPG

Thanks everyone for the nice words that helped me finnish this one!

//Mats

Thanks KD yes it was long time ago but it feels really good that it's done, Have some plans on doing with on a competition if i dare....
//Mats

I just saw this for the first time. Wonderful!
Excellent bit of scratch work. Real creative modeling.

Cheers,

bill

Back