• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Signaller, Victory Company, RNZIR 1967 COMPLETE

Thanks, Guys.

Well, I am calling this one done. For the vegetation I chose to uses some dried palm leaves as though they were either hit with agent orange or were blown off the trees by artillery. Sparse grass and powdery dirt round out the ground work.

I didn't want to wait until tomorrow to take the photos as we are supposed to have severe thunderstorms tomorrow so the lighting these were taken under tonight isn't the greatest, but y'all get the idea. :)

100_9746.JPG

100_9747.JPG

100_9748.JPG

100_9749.JPG

100_9750.JPG

100_9751.JPG

100_9752.JPG

I think he turned out pretty good for a figure that was quickly put together and painted.

Cheers,
James

Man that is some great work! The FAL that Aussie is 'toting' is the gun the U.S. Should have had, as opposed to the M-14!!!
I have fired both in full auto, and I mean about 100 rounds each both, and have owned semi auto versions (AN STG-58 & an M1A Standard type) of both which I have fired maybe 1K each type in semi-automatic at ranges from 100 to 400 yds, and while the M-14 has great sights, the FAL is FAR superior to the M-14 in every way!

Absolutely OUTSTANDING!!
I'm always amazed how quickly your figures get finished!
:notworthy
:ro:

Thanks.

Not all of my figures are completed quickly. The ones I convert to fit the story I am telling in a diorama and the figures I sculpt typically take longer due to the construction aspect. Typically a figure wearing full equipment will take 3 to 5 days to paint and those without take 2 to 3 days...or at least they used to take that long. Some of the figures I have done for this campaign have surprised me as to how quickly they got completed. I guess it also helps that I am retired now and can work on a project with less interruption than when I was still in the military so it gets completed faster.

Cheers,
James

Thanks, Guys.

Well, I am calling this one done. For the vegetation I chose to uses some dried palm leaves as though they were either hit with agent orange or were blown off the trees by artillery. Sparse grass and powdery dirt round out the ground work.

I didn't want to wait until tomorrow to take the photos as we are supposed to have severe thunderstorms tomorrow so the lighting these were taken under tonight isn't the greatest, but y'all get the idea. :)

100_9746.JPG

100_9747.JPG

100_9748.JPG

100_9749.JPG

100_9750.JPG

100_9751.JPG

100_9752.JPG

I think he turned out pretty good for a figure that was quickly put together and painted.

Cheers,
James

Man that is some great work! The FAL that Aussie is 'toting' is the gun the U.S. Should have had, as opposed to the M-14!!!
I have fired both in full auto, and I mean about 100 rounds each both, and have owned semi auto versions (AN STG-58 & an M1A Standard type) of both which I have fired maybe 1K each type in semi-automatic at ranges from 100 to 400 yds, and while the M-14 has great sights, the FAL is FAR superior to the M-14 in every way!

Thanks. I am glad you liked the figure.

During the course of my career I fired all kinds of rifles, submachine guns, and machine guns. With that being said, my experience with the FAL is limited to about ten round of familiarization fire which really wasnt enough for me to form an opinion of a comparison between it and the M14. I have mixed feelings about the M14 as I have shot some good ones and some bad ones. Prior to my first tour in Iraq I was going through Squad Designated Marksman training where we did some of it with some refurbished M14s. I remember shooting at the KD Range and the flash suppressor of my buddy's M14 blew off while he was shooting. Needless to say we made sure we got different and better M14s after that and before we deployed.

Although I only got to fire the 10 rounds through the FAL, I did like how it felt in my hands. Wish I could shoot some more through one.

Cheers,
James

Back