• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Show me your modeling Christmas presents

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
So what did you get for Christmas whether it be bought by someone else or yourself as a treat

I have a Xmas bonus gift card to use on stuff but I dont really know what to get other than a pack of figures that didnt turn up on time :facepalm

I was bitten by RC U-boat bug while messing around with that 1/144 Revell conversion that I splurged on two more sub kits for myself (I guess that Proxxon mini table saw will have to wait).

An Academy motorized 1/150 Type IXB to experiment with some ideas on watertightness (the 1/144 was a blast but ended up being leaky, so I shorted the electronics after the sea trials). Then I pulled the trigger on the newer 1/72 Revell Type IXC/40 to go whole hog with air pumps, hydraulic trim, etc.

Besides those, I saw that Eduard has another Royal Class kit, 4 1/72 FW-190s with the crystal and chunk of plane in one box for $60 wholesale, I'm trying hard to resist, I'd just hate to miss out before they discontinue and the price goes up.

I got nothing, that's fine, wasn't looking for anything. I'm just looking forward to having some time to build.

A 48 Minicraft P-38 droop snoot and a 48 nichimo dauntless
a 32 Monogram F3F 3, Revell/Matchbox Spit Mk 22/24 and a Hobby Craft Mustang Mk IA..

I bought these for myself.

DSC_0109resize.jpg

DSC_0108resize.jpg

Kurt.

Ditto, same here! We just wanted to make sure the kids and grandkids had a good Christmas!
That's what mattered to us the most!

Tim

I did very well also. Oldest surprised me with the Flak and youngest boy with the figs. I think he like his 2 Queens and Celt Carnyx player in return.

DSC06081.JPG

DSC06082.JPG

DSC06083.JPG

James

Back