• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sherman M4A2

Here is my wood side armor as it looks now, first time doing the hairspray tech.

Sherman001-1.jpg

I think I like it :)

Tom

Yeah Dude !!! Lookin Hot Boi !! I can't wait to see that wood ..... :woohoo: I ..er ... Mean th Wood Planking on your Shermie ... .... Shermie :D

Hey Tom that is well snazzy mate!
That soft armour looks the drakes innards too.
One thing I wish I had been on earlier to point out is that the rear lifting rings on the edge of the rear deck should be vertical, not perpendicular to the slight downwards slope of the rear deck sides.
Look forward to more updates
Brad

Brad, thanks for the heads up, I have reference material but didn't look at it! :bang head . Mike, I'm going to go with the kit tracks...they are the DS tracks. I'm thinking they should look ok since there's almost no sag on the Sherman tracks, don't know how the DS tracks would look for a Tiger or Panther tank though.

Tom

The DS should be good, I am mulling over what to use on my Firefly. I used the kit DS tracks on the 1/72 Panther I did recently, looked OK in that scale.

Here is where I'm currently at on this build, I'm thinking I maybe made it too dirty :idonno

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

All comments welcome!
Tom

If you're planning on displaying it on a paved road, then it's too dirty. If it's in the dirt, then I'd say it looks pretty good!! Did you decide on which tracks to use yet?

Back