• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ruben's DML Jagdtiger

Hello guys!
Thanks for all those comments, really appreciated.

Here is the next step, the oils (and some pigments too).
First thing I did was to dry brush the tank with lighter shades of the colors to all the high spots around it. Then, using Burnt Umber, I gave a wash to the whole tank to bring up the details.

For the tracks I used a heavy wash of Burnt Sienna followed (after the first one dried of course) by a heavy wash of Burnt Umber. The following day I Applied the pigments; first European Dust from Mig Productions followed by some graphite in the high spots of the tracks. The road wheels also received a coat of European Dust.

The Spare tracks were painted in Burnt Sienna (Acrylic) followed by washes of Burnt Umber and rust colored pigments.

I also painted all the tools around the tank. The mufflers received only one application of Burnt Sienna. I painted the lenses of the periscopes with Payne's Gray slightly thinned with Turpentine.

And here it is.
P1020621.jpg

P1020622.jpg

P1020623.jpg

P1020624.jpg

P1020625.jpg

Let me know what you think.
Ruben

She's looking FINE, Ruben! I really like the way you finished it! Great photos too!

(y)

Thanks for the support guys!

Well, time is running out so it is time to finish.

One thing I decided to change was the anti-aircraft machine gun support, I wanted in the extended position so I redid it using brass tubing and plastic rod. The machine gun received an ammo belt from Griffon Models.
P1020627.jpg

I also started to paint the crew for the Jagd. The guy in the cammo suit is the commander and the other one will be standing in he engine deck. they were painted using Vallejo and Andrea colors.
P1020628.jpg

Then it was time to put everything in place. The tank received a dose of scratches albeit a light one since these beasts saw limited action. Then a coat of Mig Productions' European Dust was applied over the whole vehicle. Here's the result:
P1020630.jpg

P1020631.jpg

P1020632.jpg

P1020633.jpg

P1020635.jpg

The machine gun was painted using Vallejo's German Gray followed by a coat of graphite.
P1020636.jpg

P1020637.jpg

P1020638.jpg

P1020639.jpg

There is still an unwanted sheen in the tank so tomorrow I'll give it a good coat of matte varnish. Until then I'm going to declare it "almost finished". :blink

See you
Ruben

Iron Mike wrote:
Sweet! Can't wait to see it finished!!! Go, Ruben, go!

Thanks Mike.

I won't make you wait too long. In fact here it is in its final form. :)
I applied a coat of Vallejo Matte Varnish to get rid of the unwanted sheen in the paint and it worked like a charm. Take a look!
P1020642.jpg

P1020643.jpg

P1020644.jpg

P1020645.jpg

While I was taking the pictures I noticed that I forgot to add some black pigment to the exhausts so I stopped and did it. Now they look as they should!
P1020647.jpg

P1020648.jpg

The guys are looking if the flying thingie that they so graciously filled with holes is going to crash or not.
P1020649.jpg

P1020650.jpg

P1020651.jpg

P1020652.jpg

P1020653.jpg

P1020654.jpg

And that's it my friends; I'm going to declare it finished now.
To all of you that took the time to view and comment, thanks; I hope you like it as much as I do.

Ruben

Ruben,

Great work!

The cammo on the commander came out very well... I hope you did not ended up dizzy after that one :laugh:

dave

Great work Ruben,

The figures really set the part and scale and they look super .
Excellent effort .

Michael :)

Back