• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell's 1/72 U-Boot VII C "Wolf Pack"

(y)
Fantastic diorama Laurence. You have done a mighty job on the ocean and the waves breaking over the deck.
Well done mate - a really hard subject to nail, which you have done! :dude
Could you add a little more exposure to the photo's though as they are very dark (don't use a flash - just run it through a photo program).

Ian.

Thanks Ian, you know that your work is an inspiration to many, myself included :D

Those photos were taken at dusk, unfortunately, and I have not had the time to photoshop them. I don't use a flash at all - trying to take them when there's enough daylight, bit hard in winter.

If you can make it to Canberra this year, you will see this one up close and personal, and I would more than welcome your opinion when you see the real thing.

:drinks

Laurence
Laurence,
I would love to go again this year and have tentatively said yes to the organisers but it all depends on finances, so I am not sure at this point. I would love to see this in person and catch up for a chat again - I will let you know before the show!

Ian.

A fine calm day for boating in the lively North Sea. I enjoyed the dickens out of following your build! :notworthy (y) :ro: :salute :drinks

Laurence,
I would love to go again this year and have tentatively said yes to the organisers but it all depends on finances, so I am not sure at this point. I would love to see this in person and catch up for a chat again - I will let you know before the show!

Ian.

See how it goes mate, I sure hope to catch up with you.

Laurence

(y) Congratulations on the weekends results for this dio Laurence. It was even better in the flesh. I really loved your work on the cables and hand rails as well as the ocean water pouring out of the upper hull.
:coolio

Ian.

(y) Congratulations on the weekends results for this dio Laurence. It was even better in the flesh. I really loved your work on the cables and hand rails as well as the ocean water pouring out of the upper hull.
:coolio

Ian.

Thanks Ian, appreciate it. The competition was much tougher in the other category, but I'll take the prize anyway :D :D :D

Beautiful Laurence,

That water is just outstanding! I love it when a diorama looks real and that certainly does!

(y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Beautiful Laurence,

That water is just outstanding! I love it when a diorama looks real and that certainly does!

(y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Thank you Bob :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I really believe that, if anyone wants to do a diorama that looks real and feels real in every aspect, they should learn from your work, the models, the figures, the buildings, weathering, composition, all of it.

Laurence

Back