• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/72 Ho 229

razordws

Going to start on this one after a good nights sleep. I know time is short but I should have lots of free time this month. (knock on wood)

01HO229_zps778c9394.jpg

This will be great! Wasn't there someone out there building a real one to see how it actually performs?

This will be great! Wasn't there someone out there building a real one to see how it actually performs?

Don't know about an actual flying model Bob but there was that documentary awhile back on PBS or somewhere where they built a full size model to test its stealth characteristics.

Was just looking around the internet and found Hortenwings.com A group that is trying to build a Horten but the latest info on their website and facebook page is 2 years old.

Checked them out also, From their site
at this moment we are in the process of raising money to fund this project.

yep, that'll slow ya down. Wonder if we could get Peter Jackson interested in WWII aircraft that were ahead of their times? :pilot

Still hoping to get this one done by the deadline. I'm off work right now so should be doable. Here is the progress so far. I closed it up tonight after taking these photos. Should go pretty quick now.

02HO229_zps1645d1a5.jpg

03HO229_zpsdadbad57.jpg

04HO229_zps6bb01311.jpg

I managed to knock one of the intake cylinders off somehow after closing it up. :pinch: :bang head I think I can still wiggle it back in. That is one thing I do not like about this kit. The engine area is visible from the nose gear bay but instead of a complete engine they only provide what you see in the first photo.

The Northrop Grumman model shop in LA built the mock up for the history channel, then took it out to an RCS range to test it. Fitting since NG engineers went to the smithsonian to check out the real deal when they started designing the B-2. I saw the completed model on a flatbed truck when they were trasporting it to the range (at the time I had no idea there was a show). Pretty sweet!

I love the HO-229, just got the zouki mura kit that I can't wait to tear into!

Razor - your build is shaping up nicely! I'm following this one for sure!

Mike

Interesting that they go and look at a WWII relic when designing a state of the art aircraft. Lot of those designs were ahead of their times.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Mike, that's pretty cool that you got to see the NG mockup on the flatbed. :coolio

I think I have this just about ready for primer. The intake was pretty easy to get back into place and now I just need to mask and install the canopy.

05HO229_zps39af9ca1.jpg

06HO229_zps0d7bbce8.jpg

PS: saw a cool wiffer scheme on the web last night that I might try on this one.

Back