• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Re:Legend Achzarit

ozelot wrote:
Hello
The gruel wife is back on the bench.
guenther

I bet that is a little more tactful in the native tongue. But then again, some folks are blunt... :woohoo:

That's some awesome PE work Guenther, looking forward to more.

Mmmmmm .... Israel´s armor ... may be one day I´ll make one of my Centurions ....

Your detailing skills are impressive ...

Guenther, sorry I missed these previous updates. The "Sand", I suppose this is noneskid surface, are you literally using sand for this?

Sweeet! .... you really choose a very realistic and nice color for the tank. It´s not easy to match that color for Israel´s army and you did it!

moon puppy wrote:
Guenther, sorry I missed these previous updates. The "Sand", I suppose this is noneskid surface, are you literally using sand for this?

Hi there.

You can also use CHINCHILLA SAND sold at pet stores. If you prefer to spray on an anti-skid surface you can use RUSTOLEUM TEXTURED spray paint (http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=31)which gives an excellent scale finish.

Cheers from Peter

I love IDF armour from all eras. I just wish that I could afford some of the Legends conversion kits. I'd love to build a Merkava Mk III and was really disappointed that Academy blew their version of it so badly.

I think your Achzarit is looking great. I'll be watching for further updates on its progress.

Cheers from Peter

Hi Ozelot nice Achzarit I see your using the Cromwell models RWS from the Bull dog kit am I correct? for the anti-slip the best method I've seen is emossing powder! It works like a treat! Cool stuff keep it coming I love IDF Armour!

Jaymes.

ozelot wrote:
Hy Peter

I like more AFVs or Centurion based tanks, so unfortunately I have no Idea about the Merkarvas

My future builds will be Nagmashot, Puma, Nakpadon a Sherman based Howitzer and finally a MAR290 beyt hatochan :)

the last two will be mostly scratch

guenther

Hi there.

Have you heard that AFV Club might be releasing a 1982 Centurion Shot? That would be fantastic! I bought an extra 1973 Centurion Shot KAL to convert to the 1982 variant but I'm waiting to see if the1982 Shot rumour is true.

Cheers from Peter

ozelot wrote:
Hy Jaymes

It is the AEF Conversion KI-714 - too expensive and not really worth the money - the copula is crab - only the weapon system is ok

greetings
guenther

Ah, AEF! *THAT* explains a lot. I have heard from dedicated Israeli modellers that the AEF Designs kits are *SEVERELY* lacking compared to Legends. No one I know of thinks very highly of AEF. You are doing a great job of turning a sow's ear into a silk purse. What kit did you use for the hull and suspension?

Cheers from Peter

ozelot wrote:
Äh Peter

So far as I know the Shot Cal 1982 from AFV will never come - they canceled it - I build the Cromwell Conv and it is very nice but hard to get...

And AEF has its highs and downs - the Nakpadon is not so bad.... after building some Legend Kits I have to admit - they are not at all perfect but the newer ones are very good... exept the Instructions - they are not worth the name

For the Achzarith - I advise you to read the headings - there, yes there stands Legend meaning Legend Produktion

cheers
guenther

Shalom.

Believe it or not I *DID* read the heading. I got confused when another poster mentioned the AEF kit. I'll blame it on my fatigue and the heat and humidity here that is not letting me sleep well.

I still think your build is looking gret.

Cheers from Peter

Sweet.
I really love the non skid...
Keep posting pictures, I'm enjoying this one even though it's
way too modern for me.
Shawn

ozelot wrote:
Äh Peter

So far as I know the Shot Cal 1982 from AFV will never come - they canceled it - I build the Cromwell Conv and it is very nice but hard to get...

And AEF has its highs and downs - the Nakpadon is not so bad.... after building some Legend Kits I have to admit - they are not at all perfect but the newer ones are very good... exept the Instructions - they are not worth the name

For the Achzarith - I advise you to read the headings - there, yes there stands Legend meaning Legend Produktion

cheers
guenther

Patience on the 82 shot kal! ;) nice work on the couplar it will pay off

Jaymes

Back