• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

PZL.23A Karas (1/48 Mirage)

Making some progress with this.

I ordered the PART exterior PE set for this and it seems to have a lot of duplicated parts that were already included with the kit. In some cases, the kit parts look better. For instance, the wing parts, I ended up using the kit supplied PE as it was wider and had more detail.

h99e842b.jpg

Started the landing gear PE, there are quite a few parts to this and I've decided to go with un-spatted gear.

h604c793.jpg

The prop hub, this will be entirely covered in PE panels when done

hb7096fe.jpg

One wing attached and PE added, I used a rivet tool to make rivets in the wing and body. One side done!

h3f3652e.jpg

The kit is well molded but a few pieces suffer from severe sink marks, like the prop pieces

h9571df6.jpg

and finally, I just added some braces to the inside of the wings to give them some strength.

hd7a31cf.jpg

Coming along nicely Warren (y) (y) (y) I love this peculiar little bird .

Hard to believe but that prop actually looks worse that the ones on my little Widgeon :blink

Good luck, Christian B)

still poking away at this one. Added more PE and made a test fit of the body on the wings.

haa0e93f.jpg

The interior will fit nice. It is busy and I still have more detail to add.

hda0ff78.jpg

Back