• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Photobucket and alternative ways to post photos

Chris ITA

Hi Guys,

I do like posting here, but something that has always got in the way is posting pictures in any quantity. As the two people that kindly followed my HOUND build for the 'Snapshots in Time' GB will testify, my current solution (photobucket) is a royal pain as the pictures load very slowly on TnT and it takes and age for the page to fully load :(

So what is the best way to get pickamatures on TnT and what does everyone use?

Chris

Well I like many use Photobucket for all of my picamatures , I have an actual paying account because I never delete as it disrupts threads an the site , I am often clicking through builds on the old site even and nothing is worse than a thread where photomagraphs have been moved or deleted .

Jenny :kiss:

PS . I have followed your build but have probably not commented for a while , I check so many threads :unsure: .

How to use your TnT Gallery

If you upload several pictures at a time it may take some time for the images to transfer to the server, any server. Generally your upload speeds are much slower than your download. Be conscious of the size of the images you are uploading. If you are sending raw images from your camera to the image hosting service, regardless of if it's Photobucket or TnT Gallery or flicker or whoever, you are sending 1-2 or even 5 megabyte files. Most image hosting sites, including the TnT Gallery, will resize the images to a thumbnail and display size on the fly. I suggest editing your image prior to uploading, that way the resize is the way you want it.

I need to update this article to show the new batch upload feature.

I thought I had! one step at a time eh? If I can't make it out of plastruct I reserve the right to not understand it :blink

Chris I use Mil Mod's gallery and copy it into these brackets
image.file

onto your message box it works but it's the long way to do it. That's how I did and it works mate.

JAymes

Yes, any imaging host will work. Sites like ours or milmods or who ever. As long as you remember where you put your files...:mpup

I don't know, no offence Jaymes but I think its a bit cheeky to use one modelling site's gallery to host pictures posted on another

I've got them on here and it seems to be working just fine now :)

I've never had any real problems with Photobucket. Pics go from my Canon camera to my Canon ZoomBowser EX to My Pictures into Photobucket and onto the site. I've never had to resize, but multiple downloads never work. One shot at a time.
Peace and Love,
Randy

Chris ITA wrote:
I don't know, no offence Jaymes but I think its a bit cheeky to use one modelling site's gallery to host pictures posted on another

Tanks and Things has it as an official policy that posting images on another site that are hosted here is fine as long as that member is in good standing. We would not tolerate someone hosting images who never contributes either to the forum or articles on the main site.

And yes, I would know. :evil:

;)

Chris ITA wrote:
As the two people that kindly followed my HOUND build ...

I wonder if the eight different people who posted on that thread are wondering if they are one of the two, or in the forgotten six?

:whistle:

I've had threads with less comments mate, the internet can be fickle. ;)

I always use my gallery for posting pics on here I dont have a problem with uploading or anything

Now can I come out of the naughty corner now please Ive run out of Pizza :)

Ken, you are quite correct. My apologies to all those kind enough to follow the thread :)

To get back on topic though, my point was that I think it is the fact that my threads are picture intensive and that in conjunction with the fact I use photobucket, it makes the pages reallllllly slow to load. I think this is putting people off my threads. they probably open it and think after a few seconds loading, 'forget this' and look at something else

but those days are behind me thanks to my new found association with the TnT gallery :laugh:

lol I was just goofing around. :D

I don't know if this is good or just adding more questions but any time I have looked at your thread, the images loaded absolutely fine/quickly.

Although, I have a fairly new and fast computer/internet set up so I hardly ever suffer picture loading woes. Unless of course the site itself is just hanging up or acting odd, regardless of photos.

I like hosting the pictures I use here on the site in my gallery, moonpuppy can see them and doesn't send me those angry messages.

:woohoo:

moon puppy wrote:
Tanks and Things has it as an official policy that posting images on another site that are hosted here is fine as long as that member is in good standing. We would not tolerate someone hosting images who never contributes either to the forum or articles on the main site.

And yes, I would know. :evil:

;)

Well I know Jaymes and he makes an effort to make a real contribution wherever he posts ;) :)

Sorry Jaymes, I just meant that although we are lucky enough to get access to this great site (and another) for absolutely free, the bandwidth they provide is not free to the owners, so its just a courtesy I think not to post the pictures hosted here elsewhere (and vice versa) :)

plus I think its better to have the pics here anyway as is anything happens to any third party site it went remove all the pics from my threads here :)

Finally, Ken, I have a pretty average broadband connection (positively pedestrian by non-UK standards, but fast enough) and a new laptop

The problem is the new laptop has Windows 7, which doesn't work very well with photobucket for some reason :(

Newfish wrote:
Wow I never saw it like that :( I didn't mean too cause offence. I'll use an alternative image hoste site. :blush:

Jaymes

You mean you'll use TnT Gallery right? It's a matter of perspective. When posting at TnT, we are not the alternative. :woohoo:

Let me make myself clear. It is established and official policy of the administration of Tanks and Things website that you are free to use our Gallery at will and post those images on other websites as long as you are a member in good standing and contribute to this site.

Jaymes, you fall into that category, even if you are sentenced to the Naughty Corner, you are still a member in good standing.

Although I use Photobucket, of which I believe came recommended for use by this site, I still keep the pics on my computer just in case something goes awry. Every so often, if I have absolutely nothing else to do, I will copy them to a disc.
Peace and Love,
Randy

Back