• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Photo Review: Trumpeter's 35 Type 62 Light Tank

No need to measure. I get the idea, you can make a pretty big loop, fuselage or sub hulls and draw up by hand then use the tool to snug up.

Not much, but progress nonetheless...

Nothing is glued to the hull yet as much work is needed depending on the scheme chosen. My notes are for anyone building the kit as it comes.

TrumpType62Build03.JPG

TrumpType62Build04.JPG

TrumpType62Build05.JPG

TrumpType62Build06.JPG

TrumpType62Build07.JPG

TrumpType62Build08.JPG

TrumpType62Build09.JPG

TrumpType62Build10.JPG

TrumpType62Build11.JPG

Now, it is time to begin the detailing before gluing for permanence.

Regards,

Added weld beads, still plenty more to come...
TrumpType62Build14.JPG

Replacing the exhaust cover...
TrumpType62Build15.JPG

Cleaned up the wheels and idlers. Also started working on the barrel to which I will add a new tip and a trunnion mount without canvas as seen in the Congo photos.

Regards,

Saul, do you have more tips on this kit? One that I found is the part that goes in the small hole in this pic

TrumpType62Build07.JPG

is labeled as A8 and that is wrong. It should be B8. I'll have pics when my camera charges or my new camera arrives and I get set up.
JAmes

Another is to look at the mounts for the box in the photo you posted. See how they are squatting instead of standing vertically? Same with the other side were it straddles the brace. Easier to cut them off and glue them back on straight.

Regards,

I hope I read it right, I shaved the raised guide by a mm or two and hooked the mount over the support bracket. I need to charge my camera to show you. My hull is almost finished. I also ended up gluing the two triangular brackets on the port side to the track guard and then glued the box in because it was next to impossible to figure out how to mount them to the box first.

Bronco wheels form their Chinese APC so I can use on the kit. however, the wheels are narrower:
BroncoWheelsforTrumpeterType62a.JPG

BroncoWheelsforTrumpeterType62b.JPG

BroncoWheelsforTrumpeterType62c.JPG

Note that the APC wheels (tan) have six bolts instead of the five found on the light tank's hub...
BroncoWheelsforTrumpeterType62d.JPG

Regards,

Back