• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panzer IV Ausf B

Hello everyone!

Here I´m again with an early war tank. This time, a Pz IV Ausf B from Dragon. This AWFUL kit took me more than 3 months to finish it. Why?

18 parts for just one bogie!
Dozens and dozens of PE parts!
Instruction sheet absolutely un-clear for different options and variants!

Thanks God, the fixing of the pieces was excellent (excepting the muffler)

It was very hard for me to finish assemblig the kit. My skills with PE, small parts and complex assemblies is really limited. I admit, I preffer painting....

DSC_0101_320.jpg

DSC_0103_322.jpg

DSC_0106_325.jpg

DSC_0105_324.jpg

Thanks for looking!

awesome work josé! congratulations on finishing this beasty kit! although i have to admit that i like those DML madness kits!

it'll be another masterly paintjob - that's for sure!

Hi Jose.

I must admit that difficult assembly or not, you have done an amazing job of it. And now comes the best part of watching you do your magic with paint and weathering. This is going to be one to watch.

Gary B)

Nice clean building an details... ;) I also have this model from Dragon, in the white box limited version... Some day I'll put my hands too.. :lol:

Massimo :)

Tankbuilder wrote:
Hi Jose.

Where can I see the images of your Pz IV?

Cheers from Peter

I don't know what happened earlier but the images that are now at the top of this thread weren't showing up in my Firefox browser.

That's a very nice looking build.

Cheers from Peter

Thank you ladies and gentleman!!!! :woohoo:

Kreighshoer ... I admire you! ... I had many moments of dispair! A too much time consuming task!

Dario .... yesss!!!! .... finally some fun with this one!

Richard, nice to see you again!. Still waiting for M4 model´s tracks for your AMX-30 ...

Gary ... maaaaany thanks!. I´ll use the same weathering techniques used on Pz III Ausf A, but with not so many dust.

Peter ... thanks!

Massimo ... I´ve learned a lot of watching your kits and your oils technique. Be sure I´ll use them in this tank.

Dioramix ... many thanks my friend!.... but I was REALLY close to send this kit to the trash!

Persevierance and skill won out. It looks super. And think, one day you'll look at this gem on the shelf and realize how much fun and challenge it gave you. Cant wait to see it in paint.
James

Very neat and clean build!!

I can't wait to see the paint!

I love your work and there is always something to look out for and learn from you!

Regards
Noel

Hi Jose.

That is a great color scheme. And the tone and depth you have already given it are fantastic. And Happy Birthday again ;) .

Gary B)

Back