• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Old trick

:woohoo: :eek:hmy: :blink that is unreal Luc :notworthy

I will give it a go one day soon, play with some old figures and Milliput, see how it turns out ....should have learnt these skills a LOT earlier :smack

Is it more difficult to sculpt the common wehrmacht uniform?
There is a lot of sculpts of the camo smock and baggy pants, but not so many of the feldgrau uniforms.
I can see that you have more volyme in the baggy clothes for adding details (folds etc.)
is there any other reasons? (more small details on the feldgrau?)
Thanks for a very nice SbS :good:
//Mats

I suppose doing a uniform that is not baggy is more difficult. If it is a summer uniform, it would have to follow the shape of the body pretty tightly. well, tighter than a winter / baggy outfit.

Again, it's only my assumption :idonno

Hi Luc :)

Gave this a try and i'm busy with the first leg, used the Milliput i had at home.
Gonna go over and smooth it out some, but i think i got the wrinkles ok (for a first try at sculpting :))

h0a3b616.JPG

h08c3426.JPG

hfe95a1e.JPG

Any tips what can be done different?
Busy going through my figuresets to search for boots etc. will do some resin copies when i find nice ones.

Some new pics, not the best ones but this is where i am right now.

P1150150.JPG

P1150151.JPG

//Mats

Hello Mats,

this looks very promising. My tip: before going at the folds and wrinkles, I always try to get the basic shape of the clothing correct. I check my reference carefully. When I am satisfied with the basic shape, I start with the biggest folds and drapings.
From there on I go to the smallest wrinkles and details. That means careful planning. The clock starts ticking the moment the epoxy is mixed. I always take one part (leg, arm, front or back torso, etc) at a time.
I use Aves apoxy. When it starts to set, it is excellent for creating small details. This is my advice: When adding details like seams, wait until the putty is partially set.

It looks very good for a first sculpting. It just takes practice. I did dozens before getting good results.
And now I did over 400 figures and every once in a while, things end up in the waste bin.
Keep up the good work and keep posting these pics.

Luc

Back