• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Number Nineteen.

ausf

Master at Arms
This'll be my entry:

h6bac569.JPG

Now I gotta go watch the movie again.

I'll be repositioning the Moebius kit to this pose and scratchbuilding the burning dude. I originally wanted to redo the kit to the 'Destroying a Dog' card (that one always creeped me out) but I don't think that'd be appropriate for this fund raiser. Or maybe it is. ;)

Oh I see, these are trading cards..yeah, let's stick with Number 19. :mpup I'm kinda partial to the K9s. (y)

Oh I see, these are trading cards..yeah, let's stick with Number 19. :mpup I'm kinda partial to the K9s. (y)

Yep, from the early sixties. It was a set of 55 cards and they were pretty dark: cattle, army barracks, dogs, nothing was safe. With cards like Death in the Shelter, there was a bit of a backlash so Topps pulled the plug after the first issue. I guess they were considered too scary for kids, although 'duck and cover' drills probably did a better job of that.

They're pretty collectible now, the movie brought a lot of attention to them.

I was reading about them last night, first I thought they were movie tie-ins but now I see they were actually the inspiration for Burton's movie. Looked them up and read like 50 of them, everything is there expect for the scene above.. "Don't run, we want to be your friends" :rotf

I splurged the 99 cents to rent it last night from Amazon. It was much better than I remember from the theatre but that may just be expectations.

I love the Burton added touch that the Martians are pathological liars. :)

There are movie generated tie-ins and an additional set to the original release was called Deleted Scenes, which were not used initially, cards like 'Impalement'.

The kit, the time and inspirational card...It's go time.

hf28b3f0.jpg

Actually, it's too hot in the workshop for actual go time today, hoping for later in the week. I'm also waiting on a few IC chips 'cause I got an idea. :hmmm

The kit, the time and inspirational card...It's go time.

hf28b3f0.jpg

Actually, it's too hot in the workshop for actual go time today, hoping for later in the week. I'm also waiting on a few IC chips 'cause I got an idea. :hmmm

Perfect start photo!

:popcorn

Think I'm gonna make my Bride suffer through that movie again, actually caught her laughing a couple of times last time. :D

Haha, that's great ref pic!

I worked out a circuit for the LEDs, so now it's time to build something (looks like Sunday afternoon in the shop with the games on).

It's impossible to get a good video of it, but the line coming out of the gun is green, the rest orange. It'll all be encased it something, the orange LEDs will be under the ribcage. I think. We'll see when I start constructing the skeleton. I'm kind of torn between the movie, which they glow from within, and the card's artwork, where the skeleton itself is lit.

The glow would be dramatic, but covering the skeleton with mirror tape might look great under a transparent skin. :hmmm

Back