• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New Tool Airfix 1/48 Defiant in 2016

Actually Airfix has been moving theyr production back to UK. The Humbrol paints are now all made in UK and there is an improvement in the paints especialy in the metalisers that is from UK and not India.

Humbrol enamels in tthe tinlets used to be the very best paint for brush painting a model. I still have some that's useable even after 30+ years and opened that long - that is the paint tinlet was opened 30+ years ago closed up again and used a few more times since then.

Cheers from Peter

Actually Airfix has been moving theyr production back to UK. The Humbrol paints are now all made in UK and there is an improvement in the paints especialy in the metalisers that is from UK and not India.

I was only referring to plastic kits Dave. Surrely the folks owning model shops in the UK have a clue where their long beloved Airfix kit are being made.

The Humbrol paints lost their good reputation long ago and since I now use nearly 100% Acrylics, it is a moot point.
However, if it should become a quality paint again it would be good for those still using it.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back