• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New Hobby Shop In Spartanburg, SC!!

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Yes, you read that right, there's a new hobby shop in good ol' Spartanburg, SC! Chuck and Doreen Cox have partnered with the fine folks at Mason's Hot Rod Shop to offer a full line of plastic models, supplies and R/C cars.

IMG_7345.JPG

IMG_7346.JPG

In addition to the hobby shop, check out some of the things you'll find on the showroom floor.

IMG_7354.JPG

An A-Bone with A Bone! B)

IMG_7347.JPG

IMG_7348.JPG

When was the last time you were up close and personal with a real SOHC motor?

IMG_7349.JPG

IMG_7350.JPG

IMG_7351.JPG

IMG_7352.JPG

Quick change, anyone?

IMG_7353.JPG

Small block Ford.

IMG_7355.JPG

Flathead parts!!

IMG_7356.JPG

IMG_7357.JPG

Fire up the grille!

IMG_7358.JPG

Chris, Doreen and Chuck at the counter.

IMG_7359.JPG

Doreen cutting a deal.

IMG_7360.JPG

Chuck even sprung his latest project on us, a JET! What, no whitewalls?

IMG_7361.JPG

THE CARS!

IMG_7362.JPG

IMG_7363.JPG

IMG_7364.JPG

IMG_7365.JPG

IMG_7366.JPG

Name this car.

IMG_7367.JPG

IMG_7368.JPG

IMG_7369.JPG

IMG_7370.JPG

IMG_7371.JPG

IMG_7372.JPG

IMG_7373.JPG

IMG_7374.JPG

IMG_7375.JPG

IMG_7376.JPG

Mason's is located at 1714 Newcut Road, Spartanburg, SC 29303, contact them at 864-585-4491 or at http://www.masonshotrods.com/Home.aspx Chuck, I'll be expecting my commission check when you make the first million. B)

We had a great time and bought some stuff, time to hit the bench!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cn7vcYmg8E

Iron Mike reporting for MA News.

:drinks

Mason's where the hot rods seem so real (y)

Thanks for posting Mike . Good to see someone try to start a hobby shop :good: .

Good try , but both are wrong answers . :idonno

By the way, he told us that he wishes someone would come up with the money to restore it. Just in case it strikes your fancy .

We have seen pictures of the original car . It was very cool. :D

Cheers, Christian B)

By the way, he told us that he wishes someone would come up with the money to restore it. Just in case it strikes your fancy .

Cheers, Christian B)

OK so what is it?

Nice! Wonder if the model A in the hobby section still runs?

That is Model A's pretty, younger sister a 1932 Ford. Dang close, Ford A passenger cars have a nickle radiator shell, its the easiest way to tell on stock versions. :drinks

If I walked into that shop I would have thought I just died :yipee

Cheers, Christian B)

OK so what is it?

Sorry Bob but there is not a simple way to tell you what it is. I have slept too many times since hearing the story .
We're gonna try to get a good explanation from the owner and possibly a picture of the original ( maybe ).

Cheers, Christian B)

Nice Hobby Shop .... I wish Mine was that Nice ... Just got handed the Bad News pay $625.00 by Sept 15 or Move Out ... :( :( :(

It looked to me like it has a European kinda look, thought it might be a Morris or an Austin based on that grill but it looks too large. That "V" notch in the door is quite distinctive. I thought I had seen something like that before but am coming up short.

I'm thinking its an obscure manufacturer, American or European, no longer in business or a one off.....

Very mysterious!!!

:hmmm

Back