• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New Highlander Vignette

Joe Hudson

Master at Arms
Well, I have been waiting on these bad boys for some time now and my friend Gordy finally dropped off the first of the three. Here he is primed. There is a just a little clean up that I need to do before I can start the painting. The figures are 54mm.

I really hated to prime the figure because I have really been enjoying studying the sculpt that Gordy has done. I know that we all have seen the pictures of the figure but in person it is just a great little gem!

Anyways, here are the pictures.

Joe

1_338189.jpg

2_126953.jpg

3_511976.jpg

4_399504.jpg

I like the face and the pose of this figure. Still cant imagine doing tartan but I am sure it will be a stunner by the time your done. Is he holding a pike or rifle or something else?

Do you maybe have a picture you will base this on?

James

jknaus wrote:
I like the face and the pose of this figure. Still cant imagine doing tartan but I am sure it will be a stunner by the time your done. Is he holding a pike or rifle or something else?

Do you maybe have a picture you will base this on?

James

Hey James,

Thanks. The poses are one's that I wanted and Grody was able to put them into 3 D. I do not have a picture, I went off of my head and of a few poses I had seen before. I am looking forward to the tartans but it is a challenge getting back to painting something so small!

Anyway's, so here is the start of the highlander. I still need to go back and do some tweaking to the face but at least it is on its way! Just for an FYI, the figures face is just a tad smaller than a fist, not counting the fingers, on a 6" custom.

Thanks for looking,

Joe

P9020474.jpg

P9020476.jpg

P9020478.jpg

Joe I"m sorry I missed your first post, this is fantastic. Careful with the up da skirt shots though, I'm all for detail but gotta draw the line somewhere.

Wow, that is a nice sculpt. What product line will sell them?

The painting is pretty excellent too.

moon puppy wrote:
Joe I"m sorry I missed your first post, this is fantastic. Careful with the up da skirt shots though, I'm all for detail but gotta draw the line somewhere.

You did notice the fancy placing of the pictures did'nt you??? ;) I will make sure to keep that part..private!

Ted wrote:
Wow, that is a nice sculpt. What product line will sell them?

The painting is pretty excellent too.

Hey Ted,

Thanks but this will be a one off. I have had this idea for some time and Gordy was up to doing a joint project so that is why it is his sculpt and my paint job. Wait till you see the other 2 highlanders that are going to go with this one. ;)

Here are a few new pictures with the vest and shirt painted. I am now working on the top part of the kilt. Also a picture of the 3 of them. This is not the final pose/placement just placed them all on the block together.

P9070485.jpg

P9070484.jpg

P9070481.jpg

Looks great Joe, the definition of the figures are great, the expression on their faces. I know you'll do them up right!

Hi there.

They look really nice and the painted figure is really starting to look sharp. Being a veteran of a highland regiment I'm wondering if you are going to add the Skean Dhu to the right lower legs of these figures?

What tartan pattern are you going to paint on them?

Cheers from Peter

Tankbuilder wrote:
Hi there.

They look really nice and the painted figure is really starting to look sharp. Being a veteran of a highland regiment I'm wondering if you are going to add the Skean Dhu to the right lower legs of these figures?

What tartan pattern are you going to paint on them?

Cheers from Peter

Thanks Peter. I am not planning on it. Do they all need it? If so I then can try to add it. The tartans will be all different. the collector who is requesting it wants this one to be wearing the Cameron of Lochiel.

Here I have started work on the tartan. Still alot to do but just wanted to share some pictures.

P9140510.jpg

P9140509.jpg

P9140508.jpg

P9140506.jpg

It looks awesome so far. The face really looks good. How do you make the lines so straight for the Tartan? I have a celt to do that I got just to try plaid because I know I can also paint it solids if things dont work out.
James

Hey James,

Thanks. I just do it all freehand. I make the lines kind of light and then just make sure they are close to being even and then fill them in.

Joe

Back