• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Navy Seabee, Dong Tam, RVN '67- COMPLETE

Navy Seabee, Dong Tam, RVN 1967

I am calling this one complete. Yesterday I spent some time attaching the jute twine for grass for this project. That was pretty monotonous but worth the effort.

Here are some photos. I did not do 360 degree shots of this since there are plenty of 360 degree photos of the figure and the sign. I think it turned out well. At Dong Tam, the soil was pretty much a mixture of black, gray, and brown soil which I tried to replicate here. This base was in the Mekong Delta and the soil was quite different from the red dirt found in the Central Highlands.

100_6204.JPG

100_6205.JPG

100_6206.JPG

100_6207.JPG

On to the next project!

Cheers,
James

Navy Seabee, Dong Tam, RVN 1967

I am calling this one complete. Yesterday I spent some time attaching the jute twine for grass for this project. That was pretty monotonous but worth the effort.

Here are some photos. I did not do 360 degree shots of this since there are plenty of 360 degree photos of the figure and the sign. I think it turned out well. At Dong Tam, the soil was pretty much a mixture of black, gray, and brown soil which I tried to replicate here. This base was in the Mekong Delta and the soil was quite different from the red dirt found in the Central Highlands.

100_6204.JPG

100_6205.JPG

100_6206.JPG

100_6207.JPG

On to the next project!

Cheers,
James

He looks more like he just saw someone coming out of his hut with his beer. :rotf

Excellent work James. You a one man campaign. :good: :notworthy

Thanks for the additional positive comments. I am going to be out of modeling action for the next couple of weeks, but when I get back to it, I have several projects I want to work on.

Projects that I want to work on are:

Australian Soldier (it is going to depict a friend of mine from the TXARNG who had served in the Australian Army in Vietnam in 1971. He later moved to the US and served in our Army and the TXARNG. Hard Core dude!)

New Zealand Soldier

Ford Lynx Scout Car (undecided if it will be an ARVN vehicle or one that was restored and displayed at HQ of 1/4 CAV at Di An.)

Tet Offensive diorama depicting the fight at Ho Nai Village involving the Scouts of 2/47th Infantry (Mech)

Diorama of Soldiers in-processing Finance at Bearcat Basecamp

Vignette of Soldiers in defoliated area

Army engineers working on a road or a bridge

Now, I won't be able to get all of these completed this year, but I would like to get the scout car completed before an AMPS show in Austin, Texas in September and the Tet Offensive diorama completed before the 47th Infantry Regiment's reunion in April 2018. The single figures will be able to be completed along the way simultaneously with other projects.

It's going to be a busy, but enjoyable journey. :)

Cheers,
James

Back