• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My first finished figure of the year, Maximus

Joe Hudson

Master at Arms
I have been pretty slow since Chicago. Had to start taking some meds and it kind of through me out of sorts but now feeling better and actually finished up a figure. Thanks for looking.

f3.jpg

f1.jpg

f5.jpg

one with a different backdrop

f7.jpg
:duh

What a beautiful figure. I can only aspire to do that kind of work. And on meds :blink
James

Certainly something which will echo in eternity (y) . I really like the effects you have on the leather skirt thingy. And I was wondering what colors you use to get the shadow on the red. All in all another absolute masterpiece. It's one lucky guy that you are going to give this to.

Gary B)

Thank you all for the kind words and the motivationyou gave me to keep going as I built it.

Johnny, you are to kind!

James,

You are on your way from what I see to producing some really Great figures!!

Joe

G Cooper wrote:
Certainly something which will echo in eternity (y) . I really like the effects you have on the leather skirt thingy. And I was wondering what colors you use to get the shadow on the red. All in all another absolute masterpiece. It's one lucky guy that you are going to give this to.

Gary B)

Hey Gary,

Thanks. I will let you know what he says when I get it to him. The colors for the shadows were actually black! I used different shades of red with black mixed into the base color then gradually added black to the mix for the shadows. I don't usually do this but wanted to keep the reds looking more earthy in color.

Thanks,

Joe

The Textures Man, it's the Textures! I can just be an echo of what others have said Joe. Thanks for sharing.

Joe are you painting with Acrylics or Oils or a combination ? and when you do your shadows and highlights do you blend the colours or are you layering ?
Any tips for getting a better smoother transistion between shadows and highlights ?

Thanks Plushy

Thank you all for the very kind words. I appreciate you taking the time to look and comment.

Plushy wrote:
Joe are you painting with Acrylics or Oils or a combination ? and when you do your shadows and highlights do you blend the colours or are you layering ?
Any tips for getting a better smoother transistion between shadows and highlights ?

Thanks Plushy

Plushy,

I paint with acrylics but will use an oil wash over the flesh and I did also on the fur.

I use a gradual layering, I guess, for my shadows and highlights. I will paint a base then add the shadows and highlights. I then may go back and put a wash of my dirty base color over the area to help smooth the look. I hope this helps and if not please ask and I will try to explain it a little better.

tanktrax wrote:
Fantastic work. (y) (y) (y)

Just like the real thing.... only plastic! :)

Thanks. Actually the figure is a metal one. Here is the figure before primed.

Joe

PB250649.jpg

The face of the bare figure doesn't even look like Crow. Makes your finished work even more spectacular.
James

Back