• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moon Puppy U.S. Medic with Wahine

Submitted for ridicule.

h6a0c55e.jpg

I used Andrea Flesh Paint set and sort of followed their directions. Found the major difference between Vallejo and Andrea, could not blend the Vallejo like the Andrea, like I put a shadow on using Andrea, it would more or less dry but I could activate it again and blend it, the Vallejo would just sort of flake off. Would not reactivate.

I can see in this picture I need to work his left eye again, he looks cockeyed.

Well??

Late to this party, but as I'll be starting some figs soon I'll say it looks good to me! I agree that you could rework that eye, but as faces are asymmetric I didn't notice it off the bat. I'd say you could use more modeling- shadows and highlights, that is. The uniform is kinda flat- or is it just the photo? Doggie could use some detail as well- like a shadow around the hand and his lil' belly. The pedesatl could use some love as well- weather it like a part of a ship?

Just sayin'- and thanks for the tip about Andrea- didn't know that! I'm amazed at how guys can use thinned Vallejo paint to get those finely-rendered surfaces on figures nowadays. Intimidating, but worth trying!

Cheers!
You-Kow-Who ;)

Thanks Chuck, the uniform is far from finished, in fact I need to go back and do it again. And the dog really just had a base coat on. Noted suggestions and will follow through. Thanks!

I din't know I also didn't notice .... He's kinda has a all knowing look like see Here .... but looks great to me ..... I hate figures .... But Maybe I'll do one sometime .... :eek:ldguy

He probably had the sun shining in he's eye when you took the pic :gogo

It's looking good, much better than anything I could do (y)

//Mats

Might should work on the pictures, it doesn't look THIS bad in person.

hade40ec.jpg

h3cf7e02.jpg

h9bc1b54.jpg

hb10df73.jpg

hba8e589.jpg

Still got to do something with the base and work on the white of the arm band, need more shadow around the pup's mouth I think
Whatchall think?

Excellent detail work & paint tones .... don't worry the camera always show stuff not seen by Human eye .... Trust me I used to work on machines that could take a postage stamp sized negative blow it up to 30" X 40" poster and the client would say that's not in the original .... :eek:ldguy

:mpup .... Ian needs a Buddy :love to help Him :love CTA II :love .... :mpup

Thanks for this Terry I'm doing my best to keep this at the top of the recent topics ..... :eek:ldguy

Looking good Bob! Painting large scale figures is one of the most difficult things to paint and you did it quite well. (y)

Nice work Bob. When all else fails, a black base always works. Does the pooch have any texture to the fur? If so, a medium to dark gray wash will do wonders. I found that out when I painted my 1/35 German Shepherds.

Good idea Kenny, thanks. Will give it a shot this evening. I got some oils on him and they are slow to dry right now so may have to wait a bit.

Back