• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Monogram 1/48 P-61

That is a great site on the P-61 restoration Gary! I ran across it quite a while back and look in occasionally. They have been working on it now for over 20 years.

Neat stuff Gary!!

Assembly is pretty much done...I've added a coat of Future and I'm waiting on that to cure and then it's on to the decals! We'll see what shape they're in then...

I first learned of it from the book, "Hidden Warbirds" Gary S.

hc2c71fb.jpg

Decals ended up being quite nice- actually had two sets but one was yellowed. Unfortunately in the process of weathering it, the top turret collapsed in...I guess we can just say that the top guns were removed for maintenance...sigh

IMG_20180218_090916.jpg

IMG_20180218_091045.jpg

IMG_20180218_091002.jpg

Well...I did my share of trying, but when I got near the point where I felt like launching it across the room, I stopped ;)

Time to call this one done...weathered it a bit since these birds usually were a bit rough around the edges...now that I have three kits done and out of the way I can get back to that rather large Rhino...
IMG_20180225_082629.jpg

IMG_20180225_082607.jpg

Red stripes on top are a little rough I know...Monogram basically gave me one large band of red and said to cut it into 5/64" strips (or some number like that)- and needless to say I didn't have anything like that to measure with...converted it to mm...but even then, had some issues getting it cut that thin and able to use what they had- thank God there were two decals sheets in the kit or there wouldn't have been enough :bang head :bat

Back