• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mogami Heavy Cruiser

This might motivate me to build my 350th scale Gambier Bay A/C Carrier......although I might have to build another room on the house :pilot .

Overall this one is about 20inches long Ed . So you figure the 700 scale will still be a impressive build. Break it out and build along brother. All in all it should turn out to be a pretty hole in the water. :skipper

I'll dig the box out & see what I got & who knows what may take place....

h17f4ab6.JPG

h5b5eb9f.JPG

h2da20d0.JPG

The mogami is starting to show some of those graceful deco lines that partially mask the fact that it was a sleek predator.

Looking great! Man the Japanese sure built them pretty back in the day! I'm anxious to see this on the base!

thanks bob. I plan to put it in a water setting with the edge of a pacific island as the back drop

Please do that as a SBS so those of us who aint done it can learn :hmmm :D

Also, stay tuned... Gonna post my Mogami...And, it's All Yer Fault!!! :tomato

Ok, what are the color call outs on this beast? My instruction as are all in Japanese & can't find any of the usual Tamiya call outs. If I'm not mistaken, the decks were a linoleum and a reddish-brown?

Ditto on the water tech,I have wanted to set a build in water but ain't got a clue how to do it :idonno
No pressure on that sbs but I will be :captain

:D Kurt

yes I've seen several different water methods it will be interesting seeing your take, and thanks for the kind words ... A true 1:35 engineer ... :ro: :dude

Really nice start. Mogami only started carrying Aircraft after her rebuild following extensive damage at Midway.....Cheers Mark

Back