• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Modeler's Guide to the SCUD Missile Cable and Hose Connections

SdAufKla

Hi ya gang,

Just wanted to post this link here to share a bit of research that I've done for a couple of projects that I'm working on - Trumpeter's SCUD B on Tracked TEL 9P19 and SCUD C on Wheeled TEL 9P117 both with the R-17 Missile.

Dropbox:: Modeler's Guide to the SCUD Missile Cables and Hoses

When I started to study the projects, it quickly became clear that there are no instructions for correctly and accurately hooking up the missiles in their test, preparation and launch modes to the TELs. One thing led to another, and I soon fell down deep into the ol' research-rabbit-hole. I've cleaned up and formatted my findings so that they're hopefully intelligible and useful for anyone else tackling either of these two subjects (applicable to any kits or scales).

Word of warning: Don't just open the file up and hit print... The guide is 100 pages long. It'll print just fine but will likely suck up some ink!
Finally, I don't know how long I'll have this file available on DB. I use the free version of the app, and there is a size limit on total files that can be uploaded. Sooner or later, I will have to delete it to make room for something else. If this subject is of any interest to you, I suggest that you download a copy while you can.

Hope to see some of you at the SC Scale Model Mega Show later this month, Saturday, 18 June, SC NG Armory on Bluff Rd, Columbia, SC.

Happy modeling!

Wowzerz that is some serious reference material! Looking forward to seeing the full build.
:good:

Back