• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mini Hobby 1/48 SU-27?

kryptosdaddy

Anyone have an idea? A friend gave me this last night and I think it may be a early Trumpeter kit or something of that nature- beautiful molding and Chinese (I think) instructions. The kit is complete. Thanks. CR

DSCF0001%7E5.JPG

PS, I did drop a line to Saul but I thought i would ask the group too.. CR

Hmm, this looks a lot like an SU-27 I bought several years ago from another Chinese manufacturer. That kit was $5 on a clearance table at Hobby Lobby and I felt like I paid too much for it after opening the box. Think and clunky details and terrible decals. I was going to throw it away, but my nephew thought it would be cool to build, so I gave it to him. I hope this SU-27 is a better kit.

Thanks- The molding on this doesnt look too bad, the decals are a bit fat, but I would be inclined to paint this anyway (I'm not into these flag designs, but you can never tell)The body halves do have some filling issues, but i wasnt expecting Hasegawa quality! lol

How did your nephew's effort work out on it?

Back