• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Metal Gear Solid - Gekko

Ken Abrams

Well, a little back ground on this build is in order:

Metal Gear Solid for those who don't know is a video game and a Gekko is a bipedal, half living, have mechanical... thing.

This was scratch built for me as a gift from a buddy overseas. He had entered into a youtube contest last spring and when he didn't place in his category, I sent him one of my prizes (a Badger airbrush) as I placed in a couple. (1st in Armor, 2nd in best of show) I really liked what he did considering it's 100% scratch built and I'm also a huge fan of the MGS video game series.

My thread will concentrate on the painting since it arrived at my home pre-built.

Enjoy

GEKKO1-MA.jpg

GEKKO2-MA.jpg

Oh man I love this stuff your gonna make me build another one.

Terry :S

KEN,

Cool !!! I'm lookin' forward seeing this all tricked out in paint !!

O.K. .... as soon as I get out from under neath these Panzers I'm in on a Mech. build !! I have 2 in th stash !!

ERIK

Thanks for looking in guys.

More scratch building, this is really inspiring! Wow Ken, looks great so far.

Well I can't take any credit for anything at this stage, as I mentioned above this was scratch built for me by someone else and sent in the mail, I am only going to paint it.

B)

Interesting Ken,

I'm not into sci-fi or video games, but your buddy does good work! I wanna see what you do with it paint wise!

Bob

Looks real nice! interesting to see it painted up :)
Hmm must go on and build on my machinen krieger!

Thats neat- you should build a liquid snake and solid snake and have them fist fighting on the top- even after 7 times that was the hardest part of that game for me!

Back