• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Messerschmitt Bf.110 C-2 Battle of Britain

Thanks guys for your Support. I appreciate it.

Christian, I believe These Eduard kits are great in some aspects and terrible in others. I like the Level of detailing, the Overall easiness of assembly (great instructions) and some of the nice Features like a detailed and opened canopy.

However, it is REALLY a pain to get everything to fit together. Somehow the fuselage and the wings are never in the right measure, and the wings get bent downwards until you sand them a lot. Same for the cannon assembly upfront, and the naceles. There is always a Need for Major adjustments and lots of sanding and puttying. When you compare with a Tamiya, Academy or Hasegawa kit the difference is simply huge.

That said, the Level of Detail of the Brassin (Resin) is unmatched. So all in all it really pays off the Patience, swearing and sweating, I think. The first one I did was that Focke-Wulf Fw 190 and you remember it turned out really sub-par. This time I am seeing a lot of Progress, so I am hoping it will turn out ok.

On that note the Progress. Assembly is finished, all painted, future applied and waiting for decals and retouching, specially in the loading barrels. Also 2 CMK mechanics for the presentation.

Cheers all,

Alex

h7f69786.JPG

h1b96a89.JPG

h913dcd6.JPG

h13abacf.JPG

hfe15538.JPG

hd9371de.JPG

hb104de2.JPG

h14e0ee2.JPG

h4071210.JPG

ha64b5e4.JPG

Hi Alex . I can definitely say that your painting has definitely improved .

The amount of detail in this kit seems to be very good but as you say the fit of the main items look like they need further cajoling .

That pretty much describes all the short run models in general .

So far , I think that Sword make some of the better ones but not all are at the higher level of quality.

I recently purchased a brand that I have no experience with . Made by AZ and I love the paint scheme , so here we go :soldier at least in the near future

h66247b1.jpg

Other than that , Tamiya , Hasegawa and Fujimi and the new Airfix seem reasonable all have molds that can make long production runs and are so much more accurate . Academi seems to be ok but I've read some issues.

The bottom line is determined by what aircraft you want to build as all the manufacturers seem to have a niche so you must determine how badly you want to make that particular item.

As a friend of mine pointed out...Check fit curse , sand some more . Check fit again and curse some more . Repeat as necessary . :bang head

I'm guessing you've not seen my BV 138 build :facepalm It was painfull

Oh, those ammo trays really make me wonder just what that's about :blink

Cheers, Christian B)

Back