• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mercury Space Capsule.......... Aurora 7

mikec

Greetings Guys, and Gals;

It appears that it's Friday again. I have been working on
the boat, ups, ship. No new pics yet for you, so I thought
You might like to see these, one of my other projects........ :woohoo:

.... .... .... ....

Be cool....... have a good weekend .... :D

Mike

Now that's cuttin' sprue. (y)

You going to build up the entire capsule or just making parts to practice scratch building?

Greetings Bob;

..... Actually....... I was thinking of making a bunch of
parts, and let some other poor builder put it togeather........ :mpup

Be cool, my friend, have a good weekend,

Mike

Greetings Aircraft model builders;

..... Not much new yet. I have been working on the ship.

I made this collage a will back .... .... Launch complex 14 .... .... Loc_14, looking

down ....

Later,

Mike

Greetings Guy, & Gals,

..... It appears.... that I forgot to list the model kit, that I am
making these components for.... :hmmm

The model kit is the 1/12 scale Mercury Capsule designed by
Atomic City .... ... and sold through MRC.

The model kit .... .... ....

..... Aurora 7 was Scott Carpenter's ride.... .... There is a interesting story to MA-7s, ((Mercury/Atlas) Seven), flight.

Lt.Cmdr Carpenter was having so much fun that he was 5 minutes late getting the capsule ready
for re-entry to Earth. 5 min. meant that he re-entered the Earths atmosphere 200 mile down
range for his scheduled landing point. NASA went bananas, the US navy recovery group went bonkers,
and started steaming at emergency power after the capsule. After the mishap of MR-4, ((Mercury/Redstone) four),
they had no idea what they would find when they got to the landing site.
..... In the mean time, Scott had landed, and exited through the em ency escape hatch.... .... .... He was the only astronaut to do this.

When the US Navy arrived, axially the US Marine Corp recovery helicopters arrived at the landing site, in true Navy
style, Scott Carpenter was in his one man life raft paddling around the capsule, still having a good time.

What can you expect for an ex Vietnam Attack pilot.... (y)

Mike

Back