• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng Models World War Toons Sherman M4A1 COMPLETE!

Meng Models World War Toons Sherman M4A1

Thanks,guys! You are all too kind. More touch ups to come, hoping the weathering will tone it down some.

Thank you, my friends! I took a week's vacation and it's been overcast and rainy since Monday, so I've hit the bench! I've actually been juggling four (yes, four)builds and since I'm at that hurry up and wait stage, I clear coated the Sherman in preparation for decals. The Meng kit decals are really thin, so you need to pay attention or they will fold up on you in a blink. Here we are so far.

hcf2a36b.JPG

hb4935ea.JPG

h8cc8c10.JPG

I wasn't thrilled with the eyes, so I masked an area and shot OD over the outsides. Much better, in my opinion. The tracks were shot with Tamiya Dark Brown and dry brushed with black, I'll dirty them up after I flat coat the hull. Tools are painted and ready to install. Sneaking up on this one. :mpup

Thanks for coming by!

:drinks

"Get Some"......I like it.

:laugh:

Thanks guys! From our weekend road trip.

h3c71daa.jpg

B)

I've been playing in the dirt.

h9fa04ba.JPG

hb13d99f.JPG

h632746e.JPG

hdb40015.JPG

There's two things in this world that don't lie, the camera lens and yoga pants. I've got touch up to do for sure, but getting closer.

Thanks for coming by.

So you like it? :rotf

Every time I pick it up, I have to give it a tap when I set it down. The crazy thing rocks, literally! :rotf

This one is done, what a hoot to build!

h242f6e9.JPG

hef48275.JPG

h4d8a8e1.JPG

h8fd296e.JPG

Thanks for following along!

Meng Models World War Toons Sherman M4A1 COMPELTE!

I was expecting the finish to be more eggshell than flat. :pp :tomato

Nicely done Mike! (y) (y) (y)

Back