• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Medium Mk. A Whippet

There is much debate on the web over the colour used on the Whippet. Is it brown? Is it green? Is it purple with yellow stripes and orange polka dots? After sifting thru the info I settled on a Khaki Green, very close to early WW2 Khaki Green No. 3.

DSCF0015~3.JPG

DSCF0016~1.JPG

DSCF0017~2.JPG

DSCF0018_28229~0.JPG

A couple of things done before painting. First, I drilled out the vision slots. Second, while test fitting the tracks the 68 link length left the run about 0.125" to short. Adding an extra link made them much to loose. After some thought, it seemed that the teeth on the drive sprocket were the cause of the problem. As the sprockets won't be seen with the tracks on, the offending teeth were snipped off allowing the 68 link track to connect.

Cheers,
Rich

Good fix :soldier

I suspect that green turn a shade of brown when faded.

Leave it to standards to get us confused. :frantic

Got the kit decals on for Caesar II. Added the faux vision slots from strips cut from a spare box Balkencruz. Once they had been left to set up, I started the weathering process blending dots of Raw Sienna, Naples Yellow and Raw Umber. Now to watch paint dry.

DSCF0017_28229~0.JPG

DSCF0016_28229~0.JPG

DSCF0015_28229~0.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

Thanks for the comments all.

Added a wash and some highlights. Once the oils set-up, a matt coat and on to some mud and dust.

DSCF0015_28329.JPG

DSCF0016_28329.JPG

DSCF0017_28329.JPG

DSCF0018_28329.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

Back