• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Looking for some Sherman help

kaleu

It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I've been busy with work, building a few models here and there and indulging my photography hobby.

Over the years I've accumulated a good sized collection of aftermarket Sherman goodies. I've got resin parts from TWS (with their Arizona address), TMD, CMD, ABM, Formations etc. To go with those resin bits, I've got a lot of p/e sets from Aber, metal barrels and aftermarket tracks. There is probably enough stuff to build a lot of Sherman tanks.

So, to sum up this post, I'm looking for decal sets for these parts. I am sorely lacking in good decal sets. Therefore, I'm initially looking for early M4A1 decals, along with M4 decals. I think at some point I will probably need M4A3 decals as well. I will probably be using Tamiya kits for most of these conversions. I know better stuff is out there from Tasca and DML, but I want to start using the stuff instead of continuing to let it sit around, which the pile of shame as been doing for quite some time.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

:beer I will need it to start reducing the stash.

Perhaps you can state the subject you want to model? When you write early M4A1, how early? It would be best to post an image of the hull. Since I have multiples of kits, I might have some decals to spare.

Regards,

I'm not entirely sure yet of the time frame or theater. The stash covers everything from early to late to post war.

Well, how about early war M4A1's and M4's for a start? In any theater of operations.

I probably have one sheet of the Tasca early M4A1 and Tamiya Early M4 to spare. PM me an address to send them.

Regards,

Two words..Archer Fine Transfers.

OK three words.

http://www.archertransfers.com/

I think if you're going this far on a build with all this detail you don't want to see the carrier film show up.

I think if you're going this far on a build with all this detail you don't want to see the carrier film show up.

Agreed but keep in mind that Woody, at Archer Fine Transfers, also offers waterslide decals under the AFT label aside from the dry transfers. So, MoonPuppy is referring to the dry transfers.

Regards,

Erik,

I just found this link again and will send out the decals. Apologies for my oversight.

Regards,

Hello Saul,

Thanks for the PM. Looking forward to seeing the decals. Thanks again for helping me with some upcoming projects.

It seems there is a Shermans Campaign coming up, will you be joining it?

Regards and you're most welcome,

Back