• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

LKK "The Thing" - Making Floats!!

LKK

These are all the pieces I'm not going to use...

Landing gear, door hinges, port side front door, cargo area...

The kit allows you to open all the doors and cargo bay. I'm going to seal them all up though, except for the port side front door. That's being left off.

LKK

I'll be watching I also missed the movie but it is on the you tube ... speaking of chrome on Helos ... My 1:24 Revell Huey also has a chrome engine ... :frantic :drinks

LKK

I'll be watching I also missed the movie but it is on the you tube ... speaking of chrome on Helos ... My 1:24 Revell Huey also has a chrome engine ... :frantic :drinks
See I am not only one thats not seen it

looking forward to more mate :mpup :popcorn

LKK "The Thing"

Back on this with an update! I've been inspired to tackle the floats!

First, a few ref pics!

Had to figure out how to do this and thought about carving some or trying to go ahead and build a vac former (that hasn't happened yet), then I saw that someone was throwing out a bunch of pipette tips at work which looked promising.

Trying to get the right diameter I cut them down

then cut the tips off, these will be used for the float tips.

I then left one section whole and cut about 1/4 out of the other section and CA'd them together

then I tried to cut a pair of tips so they would match the angle of the tips on the rear of the floats

I'll need to do some sanding and filling

Still have a long way to go and I have to get the front parts on but I'm thinking this will work.

They look about the right size (this kit is far from accurate and I'm no rivet counter) so if I can get something close I'll be happy. :D

More to come, I've been doing a bit of work on the interior as well!

Well I haven't seen the movie either, so this is going to be great to watch. Using those pipette tips for the floats was a stroke of genius! Way to go!

One float is almost done and the second one is in production.

Still have some sanding to do

Got a start on the interior

and am working on a case of thermite grenades for the back!

Back