• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Let's get started!!!

The pockets added and the upper part of the jacket

h20849ce.jpg

More details added. The pe parts are from Dragon. These are good quality and very useful. The breadbag is from putty. The canteen and the mess tin are resin items from Jaguar, Warriors or Verlinden and are gently pressed into the still soft breadbag for a proper fit

h3f5c752.jpg

ha5a0e36.jpg

h4f3178e.jpg

I think I prefer the Aves putty over Magic Sculpt, seems to be a bit more opaque.

I agree. The large tubs also make it a better value.

Have you ever tried the plumbing/marine repair two-part putties from the hardware
store for fleshing out figures? You have to be quick, it dries rock hard in 30-45 minutes,
but then you can move on to adding other layers with sculpting putty.

I need to see if it is cheaper than Aves. It may have other uses two like filling seams or strengthening thin vacuum-formed parts by filling the back.

Regards,

It probably is cheaper, but you get no time for sculpting. Probably would
work well for filling seams and other things too. It fixed a pipe in my
laundry room. :D

And wear gloves when working with it, really tough to get off your hands.

Tom

And wear gloves when working with it, really tough to get off your hands.

Oh... then it is not for me as I enjoy the tactile part. As a student aircraft mechanic, we had this thing called Akemi Liquid Gloves which protected your hands and washed off with water.

Regards,

Finally the arms. I start with 0.8 mm brass wire. The hands are taken from plastic kits. I sculp in two steps. First some basic muscle shapes, then the clothing.

hf324cee.jpg

h1da02a7.jpg

h7f84b0e.jpg

h0974073.jpg

:notworthy B)
Thanks Luc for posting this excellent sbs. It was great to see a 'live action' creation of a figure, it was very informative and interesting.
If I could ask for a little more detail on how u create the realistic shapes to the folds of the clothing.

I would also love to see an sbs on painting eyes :good:

thanks again for the great information.
Ian.

Back