• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lesson 8. 4 deuces plus. Update 4/14/12

Re: Lesson 8. 4 deuces plus. Update 3/21/12

oops! I forgot to include the cargo from the Italeri Deuce and a half.

cargo01.jpg

Cargo02-1.jpg
Wonderful work on the cargo Bob! Have been thinking of doing something like that for the many Blitz trucks i have here waiting to be built.
Great lessons in painting, i have an old italeri ambulance jeep i'm renovating ( the cats pulled it off the shelf) and there i will try your technique.
//Mats

Thanks Mats,

I am building one of those too! If I have time, I'll include it with the rest of the deuces. I used the Italeri kit which is actually one of the old Peerless Max kits. The original molds go way back to the late 60s early 70s! I updated mine with the 3/4 ton Dodge kit from Skybow, now sold under another label. The parts are very close and many are interchangeable.

Bob

I think the italeri jeep is pretty good (considering the age) and more accurate than the old tamiya jeep's.
Gonna be interesting to see what you done with yours :)
The 3/4 ton dodge kit is sold by Afv club, i have it in the stash and i compared it to the one Terry built, and it's the same one.
//Mats

Sorry now i got it! you are doing the dodge ambulance! ok... i'm doing the willy's jeep ambulance.
I've seen the dodge kits but i don't remember the name, but they are pretty good to, i've built a couple of them (when airfix sold them) i guess the molds go from company to company.

I think the italeri jeep is pretty good (considering the age) and more accurate than the old tamiya jeep's.
Gonna be interesting to see what you done with yours :)
The 3/4 ton dodge kit is sold by Afv club, i have it in the stash and i compared it to the one Terry built, and it's the same one.
//Mats

Sorry now i got it! you are doing the dodge ambulance! ok... i'm doing the willy's jeep ambulance.
I've seen the dodge kits but i don't remember the name, but they are pretty good to, i've built a couple of them (when airfix sold them) i guess the molds go from company to company.

OK, you actually meant a jeep. A 1/4 ton Willys Jeep. Well, OK, I'm actually making one of those as well. It is on the far right! :D

All04.jpg

Bob

B) fabulous work Bob. I really love your petrol tanker with the Jerry can racks - I still can't get my head around how much modelling you get done / scratch work additional and then hld weathering classes! (y)
You have done some much scratch work on all of these kits it's amazing.
The paint is great too - the subtle color variations are perfection.
Ian.

I missed this picture Dad, very cool all lined up like that. Like to see what you do with that dozer blade. :popcorn

B) fabulous work Bob. I really love your petrol tanker with the Jerry can racks - I still can't get my head around how much modelling you get done / scratch work additional and then hld weathering classes! (y)
You have done some much scratch work on all of these kits it's amazing.
The paint is great too - the subtle color variations are perfection.
Ian.

Thank you very much Ian,

Especially so coming from someone whose work I admire so much. I do work pretty fast for an old codger! :D

Bob

I missed this picture Dad, very cool all lined up like that. Like to see what you do with that dozer blade. :popcorn

Thanks son, but you're even more forgetful than I am! :laugh:

This picture is really old. I finished the dozer a year ago and you commented on it. Well, you have only commented on 14,000, so I'll give you a pass on not remembering every single one! :notworthy :notworthy

Cat01.jpg

Same with this picture.

All_06.jpg

And these.

11.jpg

11-1.jpg

There are 40 vehicles in this shot taken in April of 2011. Since then I have finished altogether 20, half of them, and built four more and only have five Shermans and a wrecked panzer IV H to go. That doesn't include 6 bicycles or any of the civilian carts. I also have 300 figures built and posed and about 50 finished, mostly crews.

I'm getting there. I know that is hard to believe, I've been on this one for so long it's beginning to feel like a life time project.

Bob

Re: Lesson 8. 4 deuces plus. Update 3/27/12

OK, a few more steps.

First, the GMC with canvas cover. This is now finished, awaiting the driver, co-driver and the steering wheel.

olddeuce.jpg

OldGMC02~0.jpg

OldGMC03.jpg

One more down. Next the converted GMC deuce and a half tipper dump truck has had the insignia applied and been washed with the raw umber and rectified turpentine, using the blotting method. It will set aside to dry.

dump01.jpg

dump02.jpg

dump04.jpg

Next up, the gasoline truck conversion with insignia and also washed as above.

tanker01-1.jpg

tanker02-1.jpg

tanker03.jpg

tanker04.jpg

While the vehicles dry, I have converted and posed the crews for them and several others and will begin painting them so they can be placed inside the vehicles prior to closing them up. This batch of figures bring the total to 326 altogether that have been posed and converted and ready to paint. I have about 80 of those now that are totally finished!

figures01-1.jpg

figures02-1.jpg

Till next time!

Bob

:notworthy :notworthy (y)

I still don't know how you can have this all planned out.

:popcorn

This will be unique diorama a Masterpiece!!! :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy:

All the best!!! :drinks
Dusan.

B) The rear tarp canopy on that first truck rocks!

The dozer's blade is pretty sweet as well.

All I can say is Bloody Hell (typical aussie wtf statement)there are a lot of models and a lot of work packed in there.
I am siting down now as well

Ian.
:geek :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Fantastic work Bob...I see a lot of veichles, figures and equipments here.... With my speed I'll take ten years to finish them all...I envy you !!! :bang head

Cheers :drinks
Massimo

This will be unique diorama a Masterpiece!!! :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy:

All the best!!! :drinks
Dusan.

Thanks Dusan,

I hope my final huge diorama will be my masterpiece. As this will be my last on this size, I want it to be my very best.

I'm trying!

Bob

B) The rear tarp canopy on that first truck rocks!

The dozer's blade is pretty sweet as well.

All I can say is Bloody Hell (typical aussie wtf statement)there are a lot of models and a lot of work packed in there.
I am siting down now as well

Ian.
:geek :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Hey Ian, Bloody hell! I like that! I'm rolling man!

Gotta finish this damned thing!

Bob

Fantastic work Bob...I see a lot of veichles, figures and equipments here.... With my speed I'll take ten years to finish them all...I envy you !!! :bang head

Cheers :drinks
Massimo

Thanks Massimo!

No it wouldn't, you just think it would! Don't envy me, this is a hell of a lot of work! :yipee

Just finished another one!

Bob

OK, I just finished the Scratch built Road Grader. I used exactly the same weathering technique as the others on this thread. I have four more to go and then I'll call this tutorial quits!

grader01-1.jpg

grader02.jpg

grader03.jpg

grader04.jpg

grader05.jpg

grader06.jpg

grader07.jpg

grader08.jpg

and finally, with the dozer it will be working with on the finished diorama.

grader09.jpg

Bob

Here are two more vehicles I have finished using exactly the same methods herein.

First, a Dodge WC-51 Ambulance from 4th Evacuation Hospital. I used the body of the old Testor's/Italeri and the frame and all other equipment from the AFV club 3/4 ton Command car. I also used a lot of the micro lenses from Grief.

Ambul01.jpg

Ambul02.jpg

Ambul04.jpg

Ambul05.jpg

Ambul06.jpg

Then the half scratch built Deuce and a half gasoline tanker and trailer.

Gastrk01.jpg

Gastrk02.jpg

Gastrk03.jpg

Gastrk04.jpg

Gastrk05.jpg

Gastrk06.jpg

Gastrk07.jpg

I will also post these in their normal place is my master class, "Logistics, The Trucks and Jeeps".

Bob

Outstanding stuff Dad, missed the construction equipment update, all of it is turning out fantastic.

:notworthy

Back