• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

leFH18/40/2 (st) G.W. Pz.Kpfw. III/IV WIP

Tony lee

Master at Arms
boxart.jpg

100_1368.jpg

100_1369.jpg

100_1371.jpg

100_1372.jpg

This is one more detailed kit but if you don't like a lot of parts this one is not for you. :D
Tony lee

Looks pretty cool Tony.
You are cleared for take-off.
Looking forward to seeing more of this.

Cheers,

Bill

Tom this was the prototype by one company for a Multi Purpose tank. Weapons carrier,ammo hauler and recovery tank like the one they call the Grasshopper.
The tank could be use as a normal field arty for troop support or the gun could be lifted out, the trailing arms and wheels installed and left in the field.

It carried a jib pole lifting rig for this purpose, cool huh?

Built on a Hummel chassis the High Command was worried that it would halt or slow down production of much needed tanks and the thing was cancelled just as it was ready to go into production :(

I don't really like paper non-combat SPGs but this is so interesting I just couldn't resist.
Thanks for coming by folks
Tony lee

Looks to be an interesting armor piece. Are you painting it as the box art shows, or are you going with an alternate paint scheme?

Dave W.

Dave that's a good question.
I've seen black & white picture of the dark yellow and another with green stripes painted over the dark yellow of the one on display somewhere. There is also a picture (B&W) of what looks like green splotches???? over the dark yellow.

These all have to be the same machine because there was only one built so would you say the one on display is the restore crews idea?

alkett1sa1.jpg

07495.jpg

001a.jpg

What do you think?
Tony lee

The display paint job is interesting, it's hard to say what the camo is from the war time photos, so I guess that leaves you to your own devices. (y)

UPDATE TIME

Man this kit has over 750 parts but about 200 of them are indy track links the rest seem to be installed on the gun (y)
100_1375.jpg

100_1376.jpg

100_1377.jpg

The casement front armor shields attach to those PE tabs you can just see there.

Jib Pole storage and spare road wheels mount on the lower hull inside the track run.
100_1378.jpg

This left side photo I found while researching shows another jib pole stored on the that side too.
DML must have missed it because there isn't one provided in the kit. There should be a third pole the same size as this one but I can't find out where it was stored.
ng036.jpg

Now some details I can over look but not one this obvious.

Time to break out the Evergreen supplies:
100_1379.jpg

BTW all the wheels are ready to paint.
That's it for now folks
Tony lee :D

Crazy cool Tony! Man there are a ton of parts on that gun! You are going to use metal tracks right?

Terry :popcorn

Back